BC's HARVEST ACTION IN 2009 FROM ABERDEENSHIRE

BC

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes painter for a tractor registered in 1985 it is in not bad shape for a 24 year old. Peter never seems to trade in he just buys new tractors and keeps the old ones. I really must stop in past and get pictures of his Ford / IH fleet through the years

• 3 weeks later...

Well I havent had much time or been out on the roads much over the past two weeks due to my tractor shed build project but I did captur this R reg circa 1976 Class Dominator B5 in action at Hopetown Farm Drumoak the other week.

Hopeman001.jpg

Hopeman002.jpg

Hopeman003.jpg

Hopeman004.jpg

Well yesterday evening I stopped off at Nicol o Skene's Westside Farm and caputured the tractorman Gerald in action with the B reg Claas.

First the Dinky Ford 1720 used to move the header

01092009001.jpg

01092009004.jpg

Then the NH TM140 with Fraser trailer

01092009002.jpg

01092009003.jpg

Yes I was on the road earlier than normal since I was wakened with the rain Rob. I didn't take  my usual route from Drumoak via Kirkton of Skene and then the Tyrebagger since The Haughs of Clinterty beside the agricultural college is notorious for flooding. I went from the Carnie roundabout to Kingswell park and ride and then over by Newhills to join the A96 at at the Propellor garage. The back road from Kindswells was ok until the narrow part and there was flooding on the dual carroage way from Forrit Brae.

Thats the problem with "progress" if thats what it called things get more complex and less easy to fix without having to plug in a laptop to tell you what the problem is. That's why I lke my old tractors from the 40's and 50's.Usually you can look and listen and work out the fault ;) ;)