Family Farm (North Downiemuir and Gibsonhall)

Deano MFmad

Here's some photos from today of harvest at home well i still call it home our claas dominator 85 making a few tracks and it stuck a few times but no photos of that unfortunately our MF698 with home made trailer carting off this is a ex hoekstra machine i think as its got stickers or had them it also has a front linkage and had a front pto but we took this off shaft started rattling badly it also has some r&d section stickers on side of bonnet it also was part of reekie manufacturings fleet until we bought it from there a short while before they closed also theres some other pictures of our MF3080s one turbo,d with front linkage and the other with pavt wheels and the claas rolant 46 for baling also our merlo p26.6 which they tried towing out the combine with first  anyway enough words here's the photos

Downiemuirharvest2009027.jpg

Downiemuirharvest2009030.jpg

Downiemuirharvest2009032.jpg

Downiemuirharvest2009033.jpg

Downiemuirharvest2009024.jpg

Downiemuirharvest2009022.jpg

i like those masseys, you got any more :)

just a 50b digger knackered had it for 13years sits on a log splitter as torque wont drive when oil heats up a 50hx digger used regulary and a international 475 one with perkins engine this was the main tractor when i was younger tractors of the past were a MF 185 best 100 series in my eyes MF 135 with mill loader great wee beastie fordson super major another MF135 MF 590 french built one 4wd multipower international 885xl not a good tractor too light and 4wd shaft wrapped up alot in straw we almost had a case 1394 or a 1294 cant remember exactly but the steering was that worn you couldnt drive straight let alone down the road

we had a 185165,135 35 and a universal 445 years ago good tractor  ..now run 135,(445 knacked),mf 390t loader,mf4225 and a 4245.. allways liked masseys

that would have been a dream fleet for alot of folk mf390t is a cracker we wanted to get one but prices now and back then show how good they are so we opted for more able tractors mf3080 as they lift more and you dont work them as hard most of the time are the 4225 4245 power shuttle or manual shuttle tractors

Nice looking classic fleet the family run Deano. Things are still quite wet I see after last weeks torrential rain and floods last Thursday and Friday.

thanks and yeah its weird how you find soft spots you never used to have in the fields forgot to post we ripped the valve off the back wheel of the combine in the mud pulling it out the second time

its not to far from ovenstone pete

yep about two miles from ovenstone off the dual carrigeway at gateside head for kirkbuddo through whigstreet get to crossroads turn right for dundee down this road you come to a small set of crossroads left towards skichen is gibsonhall where my grand father is and up through the crossroads on the bad s bend is north downiemuir but its only got downiemuir on the wall thats the easiest way to get in the area plenty other ways if you know the area

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

nice pictures ;) , farm next to were i grew up ran same combine till they sold up :( so what acreage do you run on and i presume you run livestock ??? ???

Around 280acre mostly rough boggy land fair bit of woodland. We only grow around 30acre of barley, as for livestock a few hundred sheep don't know exact numbers. Around 30 cattle various breeds but i hate sheep personally, one minute there fine next there dead. Smelly bloody things aswell.

Now here's something that may interest some of you. We made a log splitter a few years back and it was fine untill it started to slow up. Then the valve packed up, we fitted another one and it did the same. So we modified it and fitted the splitter to an old irrigator unit frame i picked up free of charge. It uses a geared pump with a ratio of 3-1 pto driven, using one of the diesel tanks now as a oil tank. We also fitted a heavy duty spool valve block, and a extra ram so it tilts up off the ground for moving. Dont ask why but thats the way my father and brother wanted to do it, now i know it looks a bit rough and ready but it works well. Here is some pictures of it chopping lengths of timber for splitting into kindling.

H beam only on for making the lengths cut through cleaner.