SCOTTISH PLOUGHING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2009 AT BRECHIN RESCHEDULED TO 31OCT & 1ST NOV

BC

• 3 weeks later...

I read in one of the magazines at the weekend the Mearns Vintage Vehicle Club are putting on a display at this event since they had to cancelled their rally this year because they didn't manage to apply for an "entertainments" license which is apparantly required to hold such an event.

I think I will go along on Sunday weather permitting.

Thanks Rob. I only really attend the occassional ploughing match since the weather always tends to be cold and wet. Will go the the local Lower Deeside one which I see is being held at Durris this year just over the other side of the River Dee from me.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just had an e-mail back from the secretary and she is saying they are planning to go ahead with the event this weekend and preparations are under way. It quite warm in Aberdeenshire today and the sun is blazing in so hope it is fine and dry at Brechin until then.

Well I was thinking of the Saturday since there will be a bigger turnout before the final plough off on Sunday Martin but you never know I may go back on Sunday or even leave it until the Sunday.

Yes Andy Mitchell junior must be some plough boy to produce the results he has done for someone so young. Mind you I suppose he had a good training from his father ;) ;)

Well we had rain again last night and looking at the forecast it looks a better day on Saturday than on Sunday so I have decided to get on with my shed at home today and have a look down tomorrow even if it does rain.

Today I went to the match but I can only describe it as "wet dubby and oh fit a kirn"......only stayed for an hour and by the time I walked back to the car my Goreteck jacket must have weighed twice the amount it did when I left the car at Farnell Mains only an hour earlier....what a shame for Scotland for the National Ploughing Championship >:(

They should have cancelled this match today as well Rob....some classes were so i don't know how the final results will be. I only managed one hour it was difficult to walk and need wipers on my glasses ;) ;)