rape seed oil

Tractorman810

guys question for you now

is it possible to bring on a rape seed crop, planted 2 months ago, under a weird thinish white covering, i am asking as while out today beside the a38 in cornwall, theres a big field that i can remember being seeded just after 1st silage cut, it was covered in  8-10ft rows of a white bandage like material, i asumed it was a maize crop at first, but when i went past today it appears to be a rape crop under the covering, the rows between have patchy rape growing in it, and under it its deff in yellow flower. the field had wheat in last year and was grass till a cut was taken then ploughed and  planted a few months back.

is there another yellow flowering crop cut this late in the year?

It could be mustard, that has a time span of about 8 weeks to flowering and would set seed soon after, same family as rape as well

My first thought. Mustard after grass is a great soil conditioner and the covers maybe to ensure a fast cycle to get a wheat variety in. Pull up a plant Sean and post up a pic ;)