SCRI scottish crop research institute maize experiment

Deano MFmad

was down at tractor they have MF6495 and it was cutting down maize for a carbon experiment as they said that the carbon from maize is different to other crops so easier to trace they want to find out if it benefits the soil and by how much wasn't so good for the front pto there hacking it down with a hired in potato topper then pulling on a spearhead topper it burnt out the front pto pack here's the photos

Photo0366.jpg

scri4.jpg

scri5.jpg

scri3.jpg

scri.jpg

yep they do some strange experiments there i say it lasted well considering that the front was doing most of the work the guy said that he thought they were going to get a forager in to chop it and blow it over the field but no one up this far does maize to my knowledge and they would have to have got someone up from the south and it was only six fields i think about 50acre total ish so not worth the hassle or cost they estimated two days for the whole lot but it was taking two days per field looked like a waste to me anyway and yes thats there own leased tractor it was funny carting off grain earlier with a 3ton bogie on they also have a MF6465tier3 two fendt 209 i think one narrow both full speck front links and pto also a MF5455 with loader a few old MF240 that ive seen maybe more