Rare green High sided Britains tipper, how much is it worth

FarmtoysDK

As a bit of a guide, this one was sold for nearly £60 on eBay last week: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rare-1970s-Britains-GREEN-High-Sided-Tipping-Trailer_W0QQitemZ380163431231QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN?hash=item5883819b3f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 .

Bear in mind that eBay prices for rarer Britains often go a bit OTT.  There was also a boxed one a little while ago which made about £150 if memory serves.

However, both those had the more usual 'Tipping Trailer' decal, whereas the one you have pictured has the very rare 'High Sided Tipper Cart' decal, which makes it doubly rare. 

Super 6 on here has the green trailer, but I think his has the 'Tipping Trailer' decal, so that will make at least two of us envious of you having both rare colour AND rare decal  ;)  :D

Yep I have the ,dare I say it, more usual decal on the green trailer and this decal on the blue trailer, a very cheep eBay purchase................only bidder  ;D although someone offered to buy it from me after, at a profit to me of course  :o When I looked in the mirror It didn't say MUG on my forehead, so I declined the offer.

As regards value its worthless to you, so give me the details and I will save you the trouble of having to buy it  ;) ;) ;)

In all seriousness its value, to you, is what you are prepared to pay for it. Always a tricky subject. Go for it, you will only regret not buying it if you don't.

Super 6 on here has the green trailer, but I think his has the 'Tipping Trailer' decal, so that will make at least two of us envoius of you having both rare colour AND rare decal  ;)  :D

You and me both ploughmaster :)

Its funny two posts concerning the tipping trailer and both in green  ::) 

• 1 month later...

The bloke told me he was stunned when he received initial offers of £40 (me) and £55 (from a Dutch chap), he had no idea of its value! Then the feeding frenzy of the last 20 seconds of the bid with £180-odd thrown at it he must be delirious  :of

• 3 months later...

So there is  :D

Interesting that they both have orange tipping levers too.  My blue early decal one has an orange lever, but I also have a blue one with the 'Tipping Trailer' deal which also has an orange lever.

They will both have land rover wheels/tyres then?