poplars farm

jordantaylor

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pictures you have made there. I did also feed the calves with a quad.

What are the calves getting to diner on the picture?

Texas

they are having milk from selected cows, colected from dump units in the parlour leading straight to the feed trailer

I like this topic, it's a lovely farm you get to be involved with.  :)

cheers, it is a great farm. it part of a group called fletcher&co. they run lots of dairy farms in the uk and are always taking on new staff and sending them round their farms to get them fit and ready for managing their own dairy farms. i am lucky to have been able to go down and do what i do as i am not only earning a bit of money but i am getting free training and learning as i work.

very nnice mate ;)  so how many do they milk ???

they are milking 267 at the moment and have enough numbers to get up to 320 by june. only got 22 left to alve aswell and we have had 109 already and only lost 4. we have already got 93 out on pasture already but we are just weining them off onto grass and some of them are grazing well already

Great to see the cows outside.

Texas

yes we are going to try and keep them outside for as long as we can as the grass is where the nutrients are. they are  not doing as much silage this year aswell due to us getting the cows out. we have already stopped using one silage clamp and so now we will just run off the two but we could probably cut it down to one if we really packed it in

Good to see the gates and stiles going in. Some say if you make and effort to guide Ronnie Rambler in the right direction, he'll ake an effort to keep to the paths. A little bit of cooperation goes a long way  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...