That one tractor

Pingu

We all have one tractor or a couple that when look back and miss either place were we worked, the time it was or because it was one tractor you enjoyed driving the most.  Lets all show the tractors that make us smile and reasons :)

Well mine has got to be my old Fendt 818 vario TMS i got on her back in 2007 when starting working full time on local farm on my gap year from college.  It is to date the nicest tractor I've ever driven with only thing as nice is a 936.  I did nearly 2000 hours in her in the 15 months i was there and was spot on lovely to drive and would pee all over my current 7530.  But my 7530 i like for different reasons mainly for many a nice summers evening spent chasing combine this year with better half by side :)

post-132-132639190657_thumb.jpg

Afraid I don't have a picture but our old MX 135. Probably the best tractor we have ever had on this farm. Its just such a simple tractor with an armchair like feel to the cab and it pulls like a train. suppose the best way to sum it up is raw power. No computers. I had the joy of driving her for 3 summers even if it was only in the field. oooh and the noise she made. don't suppose may would agree but thats one of the best sounds ive ever heard what with that cummins grunt followed by the turbo whislte  :)  When she left she had 4000 and odd hours on the clock but worlds better than out new Maxxum 140. it doesn't pull as well isn't half as well built, isn't heavy enough and drinks like a whale.

well mine dosnt match up to either of yours but hay.. first tractor i ever drove, rowed quite a few acres with her and a liner 680, also ran out of diesel and had to siphon it quite a few times too not to mention her habbit of boiling water out.... good times ehh. loved this wee tractor to bits  8);D

teddin3ps.jpg

For me it would have to be the 3095........It's the first tractor that I could call "mine" at work, with nobody else having driven it for some time now........Clocked up a fair few hours on her now doing everything from loading bales, hauling grain, cultivating before the drill, wrapping and of course her stint powering the drier last year........With over 13,400 hours on the clock she still puts in a great days work, the only thing I'd say against her is she has a habbit of eating up starter motors........ :'(

3095andMassey.jpg

has to be the fait 110/90 ;D  spent manys a day pushing in silage, drawing silage and putting out slurry in one. not the comfyist of machines but everything else is so spot on you couldnt fault her for being a little uncomfortable ::) . and that fantastic whistle of the turbo is the icing on the cake ;D

for me its my ford 6810  ;D  its a lovely wee machine and its only got 9000 hours on it  8)  and its been with us for a fair while now, its hauls grass most of the summer, it also goes on a slurry tanker through summer aswell, then on a feeder wagon at mount pleasant (the other place) the contractor owns, she goes on rollers then in the spring time to roll down seed,  all in all she gets used all year round  ;)

post-1401-132639191435_thumb.jpg

has to be the fait 110/90 ;D  spent manys a day pushing in silage, drawing silage and putting out slurry in one. not the comfyist of machines but everything else is so spot on you couldnt fault her for being a little uncomfortable ::) . and that fantastic whistle of the turbo is the icing on the cake ;D

I'll second that ;D ;D

Of our own fleet it is our Ford 3000 with Ford 4610 engine.