My version of PDC's MF699

Here is another attempt at one of Paul's kits.I bought it at spalding and have taken a while to find a suitable front axle for it to give it steering wheels. Karen of Farmmodels had some white metal axles at Toytrac which looked about right. Luckily the axle fits very well as it wasn't cheap at £6!

Having cut off the Britains axle I made some new axle mounts out of plastic which allows a good amount of movement up and down.  To get the original Britains wheels to fit I cut off the tube that the wheels rotate on on the original axle, drilled them out and then slipped them over the new axle.

post-312-132639194196_thumb.jpg

post-312-132639194213_thumb.jpg

Next is some alterations to the cab floorpan.

Not sure what linkage to fit yet, may just make one from plasticard.

Still lots of work to do as want to put all controls in cab etc.

Will add more pictures when I make some more progress.

post-312-132639194249_thumb.jpg

post-312-132639194258_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

good going chap , any updates , must get back to mine soon

No more progress yet unfortunatley. I keep finding too much work to do, annoying but I can't say no to people! Oh well at least more more for more models! Better not let the other half see this...

Have made some good progress with this thanks to the horrid weather!

Still have hand and foot throtle, Diff lock, back window and door grab rails to add.

Here are some pictures...

The camera picks out too many imperfections but in reality once the cab is on the finish is more than acceptable. Well I'm happy with it!

post-312-132639208467_thumb.jpg

post-312-132639208478_thumb.jpg