JCB World Headquarters

robbo

ive been twice on factory visits to JCB well worth it, although on the 2nd visit a Manitou was being used for maintenance work in the building.

The best factory visit ive been on is New Holland at Zedelgem in Belgium, the worst visit was to Landrover, every vehicle incomplete at the end of the line, some without engines or interior.

Hehe, i like what you say over there ;)

Not far away from me. And my uncle lives over there to.

There was a new visit this week on Thursday, but that was only for people who live over there :-\  My uncle went and told me that they build 25 choppers (is that the way you call it?) a day!!! Everything is made over there to, except the cabine, this one is made in France ;) Here are 2 pictures of the factory I'm talking about:

2ihqdts.jpg

1euezm.jpg

Pictures were taking by GerbenT in the beginning of the summer in 2008

Hope i may post this here :-\

ive been twice on factory visits to JCB well worth it, although on the 2nd visit a Manitou was being used for maintenance work in the building.

The best factory visit ive been on is New Holland at Zedelgem in Belgium, the worst visit was to Landrover, every vehicle incomplete at the end of the line, some without engines or interior.

i too have been to zeedulgum and to the original factory site where it all started which is now a large collection of vintage machinery/museum

i was at Zedelgem in 1991 we only went round the combine assembly, they were making 25 combines a week, with 63% of combines going to France.

What amazed me the most was the only process that didnt involve machines was the assembly of the sieves, which was done by hand.

The the original trailer that has recently been reproduced by Britains

nice pics...and sneaky ones!!! :D :D :D :D

i thought it was UH who made the trailer, not Britains? :-\ :-\ ???::) ::) ....i've only seen UH models ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Tha ARGO Group (McCormick and Landini) have announced that all of their tractor will now be fitted with the CESAR vehicle identification system as standard, watch out for announcements from the other major manufacturers

http://www.cesarscheme.org/News.html#

I believe the green and yellow ones will be next ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)