Diapet. In Particular, Kubota.

powerrabbit

Diapet have had little publicity as they seem to be a little known company. A Japanese company that is also known as Yonezawa  toys which is the parent company. Apart from other models they have in the past made some very decent farm model tractors and probably implements but I have never found any implements up to now. They have produced several tractor models over the years but the ones that do turn up from time to time is the Kubota tractors. I know of two models, a cabless 'smallholder' type with a rotovator, which a member on here has posted up in another topic but no doubt will also put it here with a little more information, please, and this model that I have posted here that I found a few years ago in a toy fair in its original box.

This model is a Kubota 'M' cabbed tractor mainly in diecast with plastic wheels, rear linkage and front weight and cab interior. The front axle is posable, rear linkage goes up and down, cab doors open as do the bonnet side panels when you pull the top of the grille panel forward to release the clips to reveal reasonable engine detail. The 'antenna' on the cab is silvered plastic (as is the windscreen wiper) and folds down out of the way. The model is in 1:20 scale and measures 8"1/2 long and 5" high to the top of the cab.

In real life this tractor would be roughly the size of an MF135.

DiapetKubota01.jpg

DiapetKubota02.jpg

DiapetKubota03.jpg

DiapetKubota04.jpg

Your Yanmar Robbo is the exact same model I have as well except my box has a single piece perspex window and the model is in a polystyrene tray and the letter characters printed on it are slightly different, by the look of the code number on the end of the box it dates to about 1983. In 1:26 scale.

Toy fairs are the best bet but I have not seen any at our local ones now for about 3 years and now seem very hard to find. I just wonder how many Kubota tractors were produced by different manufacturers apart from Diapet. One Model Kubota that you do find occasionally is a cabbed L4200 by an unknown producer. I think it's 1:32 scale. Picture to follow.

Where would a fella be able to pick up one of these kubota models

There were at least 2 stallholders at the Lakeland show who had the Yanmar and cultivator on their stands but I didn't see any with the Kubota version, prices ranged from £35-45

There were at least 2 stallholders at the Lakeland show who had the Yanmar and cultivator on their stands but I didn't see any with the Kubota version, prices ranged from £35-45

I never noticed those Mkle but then again my eyes only really can focus correctly on Britain's and Border Fine Arts ;) ;)

• 2 years later...

Sorry to drag up an old topic but I have just picked up a Kubota L5030 that seems similar to the one that Tim posted, there is no makers name on it and nothing to suggest who has made it, does anyone have any ideas?