ISLE OF SKYE HOTEL PERTH - ( G & M VISIT ) 20 / 21 ST MARCH 2010

BC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was a nice little show, only realy talked to stevan frater

bought myself the UH vicon butterfly and signgle mower to put on my 8690 also bought 2 beacons from old 20 parts

Was that the small ones that were flashing all day Andrew ??? ???  What plans have you for them ??? ???

Arrived down in Perth just before 9 am and parked car and trailer up in a car park on the other side of the river and walked the short distance to the hotel since car parking at the hotel is limited and very cramped. It's lovely little event with only four traders there but it gives one the opportunity to chat and meet up with fellow tractor collectors and model tractor collectors.

Ok enough chat on with the show.

Steven Frater was there with his Britian's tractor adaptions and on the Sunday I bought a baler in dealer box which I did not have since he was reducing his dealer box collection. I kicked myself since I missed a tracked NH crawler for £ 15. Picked it up looked at it laid it down went to G&M and when I came back it was sold. My own fault ...its true strike when the iron is hot ;) ;)

2021032010001.jpg

2021032010002.jpg

2021032010003.jpg

2021032010004.jpg

Now onto Graham and Michelles stall which is well presented as always

2021032010010.jpg

2021032010011.jpg

Now some close up of G&M's own 1/16 scale models

Massey Ferguson 165 with 212 engine which sells for £ 225. A good looking model and good value but not for me... well as most of you know me and masseys....NMFB...not my favourite brand ;) ;)

2021032010012.jpg

2021032010013.jpg

2021032010014.jpg

2021032010015.jpg

Managed to get a few purchases from the secondary market at the weekend too

2021032010022.jpg

2021032010023.jpg

2021032010021.jpg

2021032010020.jpg

Well though i had better take photos of those at the Travel Lodge Kinross just in case they got stolen whilst I spent the evening speaking to and seeing Joe Dewar's aka catkom3 collection of construction and tractor models. Thanks for the cuppa Joe and a most enjoyable Saturday evening.

I took mum and dad away for the weekend too and we had booked two cheap rooms at the Travel Lodge for the Saturday evening. Before we set off on Saturday there was a hold up since dad swore he had left his glasses in the utility room. After a 10 minute search we did not find them so i said well either stay at home or come without them ( he only needs for reading ) so he decided to come.

Anyway I was chatting away with folk when i looked over to Stephen Moats stall and there was the bold hero reading some literature with glasses. I was so shocked I said out loud glasses and a total stranger said "whisky" ;D ;D

Anyway we got on the chat about whisky since he was a whisky drinker and then we got on about Tomintoul and somehow we got on to walking sticks and I now know there is a shop in Tomintoul that sells walking sticks which are only around £ 40. My be worth a look up  ;) ;)

Not long after a younger chap stood alongside with a G&M bag and started speaking to. I could have sworn I knew the face but I just assumed I had seen him at this event before, Anyway after a while the chat turned to real shows and tractors and the chap said he was sure he knew me from somewhere. Turns out he sells ice - cream at the shows for Ashers and well I'm a lover of ice cream so always have one or two assuming it is a fine day.

He knew of FTF so I said why not join up. Well yesterday he did so we have a new member Brian from Tullbody Alloa and in addition to making and selling ice-cream he collects model John Deeres. Welcome aboard to Brian aka mr softie ;) ;)

It was a frosty start to the day at Kinross but it soon warmed up as we headed to Ikea in Edinburgh. I will fast forward on this one since will need to go back again in a months time...not amussed with Ikea or their staff. I have never met such a bunch of dosey and unhelpful folk. Don't know if they pay peanut's and get monkeys but it looks like it to me ???:of

2021032010045.jpg

Anyway things got better when I got back to Perth and managed to get parked in the street next to the Isle of Skye.

Met up with brianih634 and Big A who were on route to the carvery for lunch. Not long after met up with Joe's mate Norman the 1/50 construction chap from Elgin and then Joe himself.

Took the opportunity to take a few shots of the Wagnhoff 1455 XL International from Graham's stand

2021032010055.jpg

2021032010056.jpg

2021032010057.jpg

2021032010058.jpg

Had to have the Farmall Cub and Cub Cadet book by Keith Updike well I mean it was reduced from £ 17.99 to £ 9.95 and it had my name written all over it ;) ;)

2021032010060.jpg

2021032010061.jpg

2021032010062.jpg

Well that's it from me from the Isle of Skye event for 2010. Not the biggest of events but things don't have to come in big packages to be good. I had a very enjoyable weekend and havent had a break since Christmas really ;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

hi bill had a good day at perth on sat and was good to meet you, graham and michelles display was first class, and the show seemed to be buzzing met a few people and was good to talk to people about models and vintage tractors, next show im heading for spalding on the 10th for the show on the 11th

Always nice to get another Scottish member Brian since well they are thin on the ground. Then again all good things come in small packages ;) ;)

Well I hope you enjoy Spalding and make sure you visit the FTF stand and introduce yourself to the boss...Andy Ebbage and whoever else is on there.

hi bill had a good day at perth on sat and was good to meet you, graham and michelles display was first class, and the show seemed to be buzzing met a few people and was good to talk to people about models and vintage tractors, next show im heading for spalding on the 10th for the show on the 11th

I don't know whether you have picked up on the Spalding topic but we tend to meet up in the pub next to the travel lodge at the Springfields centre on the Saturday evening so come along and introduce yourself but be ready for a bit of banter  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Yes you should do that Brian...just don't get out of hand because robbo aka Mike works for the policeforce and may arrest you ;) ;)

Seriously Mike is a nice chap and he can translate a Scottish accents too.. ;D ;D .since I'm fairly sure his wife Sharon is originally from Glasgow