FARMING PEOPLE - WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE!

Lady Ferguson

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Mandy I'd like to see a chap sat down, legs outstretched as if sat against the front wheel of his tractor on a sunny lunchtime. Possibly with squash bottle/thermos and a coolbag/lunchbox :)

Another fine idea! I recently saw a vintage version of this called 'ploughman's lunch', made in 1:32 scale - it featured the ploughman sat down with dog, lunch, nosebag for the horse and a keg of scrumpy!

How about a vet/shepherd/farmer kneeling down as if helping with lambing,calving or checking on an animal. Then of course you would have to make an animal lying down  ;D

Fine idea. I would like to do some animals at some stage. Scott, what's that in your profile picture? Look's lovely - is it a model? :-*

what about a rehash of the britains figures to make a guy holding a bale mandy, 2 handed infront of him??? only seen it done a few times but that might do well, in a pen taking it of a front laoder or similar, would work well ontop of a trailer being stacked to

What I would like for Leakey Vale is a man (or woman for that matter) leaning forward with one hand stretched to put something in or take something out of a trailer/vehicle or off a shelf, bench or such.  (Checking the hitch on a trailer came to mind as well.)

Some of my tractors have lifting engine covers and such a figure could be reaching to open or close them

it will be great if we can get people like this and all the ideas done its what we have all been waiting for its a wonder no one ever approached the likes of britains or siku to do these sort of drivers or farm workers years ago its always whats missing from a great display or diorama lack of drivers or workers about the yards hopefully that will all change now :)

I think it's because the model market is still a lot smaller (and less profitable) than the toy market - so the big companies try to cover both (and we know that doesn't work terribly well for us 1:32 diorama builders and model tractor collectors).  :-\