sorry looking mf 6480

harvey123

A lot of damage don't is she a ride of.

yeh.

the police were shocked when they got round the corner.

it nearly rolled over it went on the wrong side of the road and took the wall out.

the driver wreckons he wouldn't of crashed if he didn't turn left as soon as he took the wall out.  ???

best thing about it was i was on that tractor 2 loads before that crash :of

they were carting lime i think and for some reason he was heading back to he farm with an empty trailer and he was just going to fast and the brakes failed on the trailer

more like the driver had his head up his a£$e while day dreaming or rolling a ciggarette before he hit the bank !

Be surprised if brake failure on an empty trailer that size would affect a tractor that size & power with 4wd braking.

the only other thing to do that would be a severe stamping on the left hand brake when they wern't latched together

i've done some stupid things over the years , but only on a few occasions has it been the fault of the machinery

verdict : driver error

John deere looks nice though  8) 8)

it's a jd 6420s

looks to me that hes been flying and then hit the ditch and shes swung round on him? Cant see an empty trailer not braking throwing him round like that  ???

he was flying down there. the tractor was doin 37 mph going down that hill with a load on.

is that road a hill he was heading down lad?

yeh it's the road up to shap. steepest bit of the hill.

it's near the rheged centre were the lakeland model and construction show is held.

if she's a dyna box then I'd like to buy that man a drink... he's the only person to have found neutral  :-\

I guess he must have put the shuttle into neutral.. I suspect that's what bought the tractor to a sudden hault when the shuttle box fell to bits and locked on wheel perhaps  :-\

if she's a dyna box then I'd like to buy that man a drink... he's the only person to have found neutral  :-\

I guess he must have put the shuttle into neutral.. I suspect that's what bought the tractor to a sudden hault when the shuttle box fell to bits and locked on wheel perhaps  :-\

Thats what i mean the shuttle in neutral or else he had the clutch in  :-

Whatever he done, i doubt he'll do it again  ::)

Been thinking about this... and I reckon it's as follows...

Puts the shuttle to Neutral... or holds it up in fwd to de-clutch the drive...

gets up to 60k... still gaining speed... gets a wobble on... looses his bottle... puts it back in drive

immediately slows tractor... trailer say no thanks and jackknifes..

driver needs change of underwear....

oh... and a new job if I employed him  >:(:D :D

Not just any old hill either  ,  the hill  at Shap is on the  A6 , the main trunk route for  Penrith , Carlisle & Scotland before M6 was built  ,  & the junction for the village of Shap is the highest point on the M6 .

It is a fairly steep hill & in olden days many an old lorry ended its journey prematurely  in & around these parts .

do you live near Toolbox Tam?