Iveshead view contractors.

AlexMF

top quality staff ? & you employed marky ? now thats two sentances that arn't usually put together  ;D ;D

nice going chap , tris is right, a small contractors outfit is just what the doctor ordered & believe me , they can be very profitable indeed ! just as well you bought a 362 as their engines thrive on the sort of work you're giving it ! 

i like the new 595 , looks like a good buy & previous owner didn't work it too hard , matter of fact hardly any work at all ? she's not got a glazed block has she ?

well i reckon the next addition to the fleet really should be a nice britains 6180  a bit smaller & more manageable around your yard than a 2680 would be

my 6180 is a 2wd just the job !

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,9167.msg150490.html#msg150490

thanks for the reply MJB1, Do you mean that Marky is lying to me? well he has asked me to buy him a 135 already haha!

I'm glad you agree with Tris, I could do with a few more job offers however haha! The 362 is being run in with some hard work, after uni i hope to buy the real deal!

The 595 just had an engine replacement after the previous owner didnt keep the head bolts torqued down, still ive put marky on that one so it shouldnt be too much bother!!

I'd not thought about getting another tractor, as i'm moving to a new yard soon, lovely big tractor sheds with room for all my kit!

keep the replies coming, and the suggestions! thankyou for reading...

Alex

I really like your farm, Alex. I had one of the those wooden playbases myself a couple of years ago and they're quite lovely, with really useful buildings too. And I'm with everyone else on the tractor-front - some super original Britains Masseys, there and nice to them 'in use' too! (Instead on a shelf or in a box somewhere :) ). Love the harvester as well (another model I once had, but being in business, couldn't allow myself to keep :'( ) - good luck with expanding your diorama, hun :)

Shameless, Jo. Just shameless!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Stop it Tris, or you'll make us all paranoid (plus, you could well insult two people with that comment) - will I have to say 'I really like those tractors, converted by a chap who's name I daren't mention in case you think I'm biaised because he's bought stuff from me in the past...' in future posts  ;)

Stop it Tris, or you'll make us all paranoid (plus, you could well insult two people with that comment) - will I have to say I really like those tractors, converted by a chap who's name I daren't mention in case you think I'm biaised because he's bought stuff from me in the past...  ;)

Thanks Mandy! It was pointed out to me by my son that what I had written had 'another' meaning! I truly had not noticed this, so I think this is what Tris may have been referring to? We'll have to ask him to clarify ...... :-\

I really like your farm, Alex. I had one of the those wooden playbases myself a couple of years ago and they're quite lovely, with really useful buildings too. And I'm with everyone else on the tractor-front - some super original Britains Masseys, there and nice to them 'in use' too! (Instead on a shelf or in a box somewhere :) ). Love the harvester as well (another model I once had, but being in business, couldn't allow myself to keep :'( ) - good luck with expanding your diorama, hun :)

thankyou very much :)

yeh i don't really get much enjoyment out of seeing something sat in a display cabinet... making the diorama more realistic is what i'll be doing next....

Stop it Tris, or you'll make us all paranoid (plus, you could well insult two people with that comment) - will I have to say 'I really like those tractors, converted by a chap who's name I daren't mention in case you think I'm biaised because he's bought stuff from me in the past...' in future posts  ;)

I have no clue what you just said, but keep replying....

Thanks Mandy! It was pointed out to me by my son that what I had written had 'another' meaning! I truly had not noticed this, so I think this is what Tris may have been referring to? We'll have to ask him to clarify ...... :-\

i think marky is your man for that one  ;)

ah i just hope you don't go silly & start filling the yard up with high power sapping machinery that needs big tractors  ;)

don't worry i won't making the new yard more realistic is what i'm aiming at, don't think there's that much small machinery left that i want to buy...

That's why his BEST employee asked for a nice litle 135  ;):-*

come on Alex... you know you want to

If i see one in a hedge bottom somewhere i'll drag it back to the yard and you can restore it...

Keep the replies coming, I'm back at Uni now so don't expect much in the way of updates for a couple of weeks, but i will still be checking in on here....

Alex