Iveshead view contractors.

AlexMF

Hi all,

found my old farmyard in the loft from "when I were a lad".

Decided to model my collection around a contractor for smallholders, so all I need is a yard, but for diorama purposes I'll knock up a couple of fields to pretend to work at some point...

Over view of the yard,

IMG_0087.jpg

So I've got a MF362, here it is being collected on the salop trailer on the back of the 90:IMG_0100.jpg

Heres some pictures of the MF362 earning its keep, on contracted jobs:

Doing some ploughing and harrowing and manure spreading for a local allotment:

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

Sowing a crop of grain for a local organic smallholding:

IMG_0104.jpg

Mowing for hay/silage, for a livery yard:

IMG_0102.jpg

tedding and swathing for hay/silage

IMG_0101.jpg

MMM silage foraging, i was contracted in by a farmer, the 362 didn't enjoy itself at all:

IMG_0095.jpg

think i need to visit Johny MF's Massey dealership after that one! Still, i got to keep the forager and trailer...

Hay baling for the livery yard:

IMG_0098.jpg

Heading back with the bales:

IMG_0099.jpg

delivering some topsoil to the allotments:

small:

IMG_0092.jpg

Larger:

IMG_0106.jpg

larger2

IMG_0108.jpg

more to come....

comments and criticisms welcome

Alex

hey Rich, yeh I was tempted by a 2680, but just picked up a MF595 Mint without box on eBay, i reckon 88bhp should be enough to drag the forager! plus a 595 was on my wish list...

I'm tempted to redo the yard, and change to a concrete effect floor with just a tractor shed on, getting a bit short of room for my implements! then I'd like to do some fields, brown for a soil effect, for ploughing, harrowing seeding spreading etc and then grass effect for bailing and foraging. get some better pictures that way, for FTF competitions, rather than just using the carpet. hopefully when the snow goes away!

Yeh, Smithy I like the more vintage machinery, I think the newest item of britains I own is the 362...

Alex

the small hand implements are definitely a possibility, but i need to work on the bigger things first, like i want to build a new yard with proper sheds for the equipment. I was looking at the Britains 40973 - Farm Building Set, that on a concrete effect base with  a fence round the outside.... then a couple of fields.....

Well if there's definitely room for my small business on this forum, throw some work my way somebody, just bought a new tractor, and want a new yard! No job too small  ;)

thanks for the replies, keep the suggestions coming :)

Alex

thanks for the reply! if the ****** post man would turn up i'd have an MF595 to pull the forager, and that i can fit my Britains front loader to too! 

I also have a new tractor shed coming, more space for my implements!

pictures when/if things arrive :)

alex

Fantastic Britains themed line up you have there Alex. The baby 362 brings back some good memories from my carpet farming outfit of years gone by. Mine was mainly hitched to an old Britains mounted sprayer and I used to equip it with a pair of flotation tyres on the back that came from the front of a broke Britains New Holland Ford 8560. Looking forward to the next installment. :)

Regards

David

Fantastic Britains themed line up you have there Alex. The baby 362 brings back some good memories from my carpet farming outfit of years gone by. Mine was mainly hitched to an old Britains mounted sprayer and I used to equip it with a pair of flotation tyres on the back that came from the front of a broke Britains New Holland Ford 8560. Looking forward to the next installment. :)

Regards

David

Hi David, I'm glad you like my contractor's fleet. the 362 was an impulse buy! I don't regret it at all, it has a certain charm.....

i'm back to uni on sunday, so updates will appear whenever i'm home for the weekend, i'll still be on the forum however!

Alex

well, look what arrived at iveshead view this morning!

MF595, 88bhp should be enough to drag the forager around!

Here's the 595 next to the 362

IMG_0129.jpg

within minutes it had a front loader fitted

IMG_0131.jpg and off it went clearing up the remaining snow....

another side by side shot

IMG_0135.jpg

turns out some bright spark positioned the headlights so when the loader is attatched you can't use them! oh dear! :-X

here it is loading the trailer with manure, with a linkbox full of bricks on the back, to stop it toppling over

IMG_0136.jpg

Oh yeh, I hired a bloke called Marky to drive the 595, but he was complaining so much about needing to keep the head bolts torqued down, that I put him on the 362. Now he says he wants it made 2wd, so I've had to put an order in at Johny MF's dealership  :-\ ;D ;D

Alex

:D :D  - Ooo this made me smile... Nice one Alex... some great kit... and some very high quality staff as well by the sounds of things  ;):D :D

Now then... I've had a text from Marky... it appears that he's got his heart set on the boss buying him an old swept axle MF135  ;):P

:D :D  - Ooo this made me smile... Nice one Alex... some great kit... and some very high quality staff as well by the sounds of things  ;):D :D

Now then... I've had a text from Marky... it appears that he's got his heart set on the boss buying him an old swept axle MF135  ;):P

good quality kit and high quality staff are 2 things that iveshead view contractors LTD prides itself on!

as for the 135, well! the boss has higher priority things on his list at the moment!

but Marky may spent his generous wages on what he wishes....

top quality staff ? & you employed marky ? now thats two sentances that arn't usually put together  ;D ;D

nice going chap , tris is right, a small contractors outfit is just what the doctor ordered & believe me , they can be very profitable indeed ! just as well you bought a 362 as their engines thrive on the sort of work you're giving it ! 

i like the new 595 , looks like a good buy & previous owner didn't work it too hard , matter of fact hardly any work at all ? she's not got a glazed block has she ?

well i reckon the next addition to the fleet really should be a nice britains 6180  a bit smaller & more manageable around your yard than a 2680 would be

my 6180 is a 2wd just the job !

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,9167.msg150490.html#msg150490

that farm is looking realy nice the older kit is great and the fact it is all massey is a nice thing :laugh:  you should buy an ertly 3050 aswell. swept back axle 135 i drive one at work and i have the old britains model

thanks for the reply andrew, glad you like the kit :) i dont really like the ertl3050 model however....