Photo Booth for taking pictures of Models in

PDC

Nice idea paul, simple and effective, good thing about the streched canvis is it asorbs the flash so you dont get the shine like bills seams to ( not been cruel bill)

No worries Nick... I have had criticism of my photos before now and it's better being up front and saying what you think rather than talking about it behind my back ;) ;)

In defence those sheets still have the cling film stuffy or the cellophane on them so may that's affecting the shine ??? ???

My canvas's are stretched over a wooden frame :) yours do the trick though Bill ;)

Yes they will do me Paul. Four will be for the loft booth and well the other two will be fine for pictures down in the kitchen ;) ;)

Off topic but what do I like about FTF ..sharing ideas etc.....I had a discussion about this with brianIH634 at Penrith last year and we concurred ;) ;)

Yes they will do me Paul. Four will be for the loft booth and well the other two will be fine for pictures down in the kitchen ;) ;)

Off topic but what do I like about FTF ..sharing ideas etc.....I had a discussion about this with brianIH634 about this at Penrith last year and we concurred ;) ;)

If everyone in life scratched each others backs it might be a better place ;D

A3 that's a "Mikey Mouse" motor Mark..unless it's an RS3 [img alt=;D]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/grin.gif [img alt=;D]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/grin.gif    Bill    ,,,,,, WHO  is this , never heard of him  ::);)  Will need to get some sort of booth like this together some time  , need to try & get photos & alist of all my models together some time .

Never was very good at spelling Iain ;) ;)

This kind of thing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/80CM-PHOTO-SOFT-BOX-LIGHT-TENT-CUBE-4-COLOUR-BACKDROP_W0QQitemZ270519098558QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Photography_StudioEquipment_RL?hash=item3efc31dcbe

You need a few bright lights or just use it outside/near a window on a bright day. You could go for a smaller size if you only photograph unboxed 1/32.

• 9 months later...

A few weeks ago after collecting my latest Border Fine Art figurine B1320 Checking The Ewes I decided to try and take some photos outdoors since taking inside usually on the kitchen table tends to give shadows.

Anyway what I used was 2 Screwfix "workmate benches" and an old piece of kitchen top covered with an old cotton white sheet ( table cloth  :-\ :-\ ) for the base. The back was a piece of artists canvas board. Nothing fancy but well nothing ventured nothing gained as they say ;) ;)

The "booth"

02102010026.jpg

Here are some of the photos...good or bad...please let me know.....I am tough skined ;) ;) ;) ;)

02102010021.jpg

02102010022.jpg

02102010023.jpg

02102010024.jpg

02102010025.jpg

In order to try and get shadowless photos I decide to make a simple photo booth but with just a base and a background. I had a spare 6mm 8 foot by 4 foot sheet of MDF from the tractor shed project so I decided that was just taking up space and would dor for the job.

I decided to make the base 48 inches wide ( will be set onto the two Screwfix "workmates" and covered by an old kitchen top ) and 24 1/2 inches wide.

The back will be 48 inches wide and 38 inches high.

I decided it was to be portable so screwed on a piece of wood approx 2 inches x 3/4 under the base so this would line against the kitchen top.

Then with a hole cutter made 4 recesses for small coach bolts. These bolts and nuts then hold on the back. To make flat pack again it is a easy task on undoing 4 bolys although will be even quicker when I find some wing nuts with the same thread as the bolts.

24102010001.jpg

24102010002.jpg

24102010003.jpg

Finished except paint

24102010004.jpg

First cost of Dulux white emulsion applied. Another two coats at least will be required

24102010005.jpg