Old farm photo's in Aberdeen & the Shire

BC

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Pete...I don't know how many acres Christo farms in total betwwen his out place at Coullie but his main farming enterprise is at Newburgh where he has pigs. I think he said he had around 6 employees looking after the pigs and well the farms are all arable now and they have 2 Masseys, and 2 NH tractors and a NH digger that I know about. Christo will give me a call when they are drilling at Coullie so I will be able to find out more then ;D

• 4 months later...

I was round past mums yesterday and she has been having a tidy up on dads bits and pieces and low and behold she found 3 food rations books from his dad's uncle George and two daughters Mary abd Bella. There are pictures earlier in this topic of George when he was gtrive at Coull Udy in 1913 and later when he was a farmer at Laverick Braes and laterly at Cluny House when he retired. Rather than open a new topic I though better to keep here. I was saying to mum we should really offer to donate these to the Agricultural Heritgate Center at Alford so they can be preserved for future generations to look back on.

P1050207_zpsb90c91f9.jpg

P1050208_zps15eee925.jpg

P1050209_zpsbe8bbee4.jpg

P1050210_zpscb669ac2.jpg

Archived