Rauch axis mounted fert spreader

Got the new universal hobbies Rauch axis 30.1 mounted fertiliser spreader this week and thought I would share some pictures of it so other members can see it better before they buy one.

The hopper and hitch mount are all diecast so is heavier than the equaterre resin sulky x44.

I also like the hopper covers which is a nice touch  and it's also got an hydraulic hose too.

One major flaw is that the mounting arms are too short so I haven't yet managed to hitch it to a model and I have tried uh zetor forterra,mf 5480 and siku linkage as well.

I think I need to undo the four screws and slide the mounting arms out and only use two screws if you see what I mean  :-\ .

I prefer this model to the similar equaterre model but am disappointed to have to adjust it so it can hitch up to a tractor.

Because of this problem I'll score it seven out of ten but would have been full marks otherwise.

rauch001.jpg

rauch002.jpg

rauch005.jpg

rauch006.jpg

nice review jamie,i have to get one of these,quite a good price,where did you get yours from,see its a dealer box,shame about the linkage,could you post some pictures with it attached to a tractor,thanks

Until I tinker with the screws Paul I can't attach it to a tractor.

I bought this from Creative masters as there local to me and stupidly thought they would send it out sharpish  ::)  wouldn't order from them again as its taken 6 working days to get to me and creative masters are only 35 to 40 miles away from me.

hi    why dont you use the siku attachments that will give you that extra lenght at the back to mount it

Good idea Ed but it looks easy to sort by adjusting the screws  ;)

Until I tinker with the screws Paul I can't attach it to a tractor.

I bought this from Creative masters as there local to me and stupidly thought they would send it out sharpish  ::)  wouldn't order from them again as its taken 6 working days to get to me and creative masters are only 35 to 40 miles away from me.

Good idea Ed but it looks easy to sort by adjusting the screws  ;)

sorry jamie,thats what i meant,when you have adjusted it

would be great to see

paul

Mine arrived yesterday....in pieces  >:(

The top half of the hopper is only glued to the bottom part, glued has failed and the two halves have come apart.  Consequently in transit the top half rattle around in the box and damaged the paint.

Pity about the inability to mount on a tractor without mods.

hi Jamie

that looks good mate i cant wait to see it behind a tractor its just a shame that you have got to play with the linkage to get it to fit properly i would write back to them and tell them that you are not a happy bunny see what they do about it it might be nothing but you might drop lucky

regards nick

Just had a quick play about with the screws on mine to get it to fit my 5480 based 6470 tier 2 conversion,and mine doesn't fit siku linkage either but strange how it fits straight on to Marks latest uh tractors,my third picture should show you what I have done.

rauch2001.jpg

rauch2002.jpg

rauch2003.jpg

Ive just fitted mine to my Wiking JD7530 which was fun & games but its turned out spot on.  I removed UH bracket and screws firstly and then reset first screw only on either side so lift arms pick it up ok.  Then the tricky part of drilling a hole through the spreaders headstock which I got very lucky and got right first time :)  I found a suitable pin and glued it into the drilled hole and now the linkage arm slots over the pin perfectly :D  The unit looks great paired with a JD to :-*

No pix though as I still havent soughted imageshack since my new computer arrived, sorry.

Apparently Raunch make these for Kuhn whos factory is just down the road from them in Germany ;)  so now you know why they look identical bar the name :)

By the way it is an ace model but perhaps uh could punch a hole in the headstocks and fit a pin on all models from now on as increasing tractors have the more realistic Wiking rear linkage which personally I love :-*