Badges. What's In Your Collection?

powerrabbit

I know this topic has been discussed previously but I can't find the topic, perhaps it dissapeared with the old style Forum.

Anyway, let's carry on.

Just added 14 more to my collection, from eBay. The one in particular I was after in this group was the Weeks Trailers Hull badge. I saw one on a stall at Toytrac five years ago when it was at Farmer Giles' and the guy was asking £65 for it. The one in this picture is in far better condition so at £24 for all 14 it was a really good buy. These badges are all as new and I would guess just collected and put away.

Badges.jpg

Well I have had a search about and found various kinds of badges I have in various locations around the house.

Some of the yearly Exhibitor Rally badges I have from the Fraserburgh Vintage rally which has been running from circa 1992 / 1993 and I have attended them all and only missed taking exhibits on two occasions

31012010001.jpg

Next Exhibitor 33 badge from The Century of Farm Power which was held at the Royal Highland Show Site at Ingliston late January 2000.

One of the main organiser was the late John Melloy and he must have pestered me for more than a year to take my 1941 International Farmall A down to it. The aim was to have tractors through the years from 1900 to 2000. My number was 33 so I was the 33rd oldest tractor there. It was a great weekend and there was a video made of the show and was narrated by Peter Small a writer for various tractor magazines. The proceeds of the show were for the Royal Highland Show benevolent fund.

31012010002.jpg

Next up a BMC Drivers Club badge ...a bit thicker than the one on my DM4

31012010003.jpg

A small Nuffield Universal Tractor Badge.....Manufactured for use with the

Eg on Cameron Gardner Rear Loaders etc

31012010004.jpg

Now some cloth Case IH and IH badges

31012010005.jpg

Cap or lapel International badges

31012010006.jpg

Two cap / lapel badges. Nuffield Tractor. Doesn't even look like a Nuffield and is green in colour. Heaven knows why I have two

31012010007.jpg

The Old Lawn Mower Club in green and the blue one id Fordson Tractor Magazine the very first tractor magazine which was produce by Artur Battel of the Old 20 Parts company.

31012010008.jpg

Next up a 1948 Allis Chalmers model B and a Field Marshall aka "Pom Pom"

31012010009.jpg

Next a few Ford car related badges

31012010010.jpg

Finally an old AA members badge

31012010011.jpg

I thought I'd share my most recent purchase with you... an interesting piece of MF history.... it appears that these coins were issued to MF dealers in appreciation for their monthly sales in 1976.  Having the original letter with it is a lovely touch I think.  I've not seen anything like this before...

DSC_9666.jpg

DSC_9667.jpg

DSC_9668.jpg

DSC_9669.jpg