Fair Trade Farm Models

Big Al

The chat has been good, thanks for the fun. However.. need to get back to something more serious. St Valentine's Day is almost upon us and so for those of a nostalgic Massey Ferguson disposition, I give you...

That Massey Ferguson 590

I remember that day those years long ago

When I went as a boy to Balmoral Show

Standing in awe, what a fine sight to see

Massey Fergusons, towered over me.

Resplendent in gleaming red and grey

Those images remain with me today

I climbed the steps, opened the door

Went inside to see what was in store.

Holding the wheel I felt so alive

Wanting to take that tractor a drive

Perched up high on big bouncy seat

Fully closed in cab a driver's treat.

Forthwith I placed order, but being a boy

All I received was a 590 toy.

My Massey memory forever will stay

Though time has passed and faded away.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you in a bad mood? You have loads of friends to off load to on here. ;D

the single life is not treating me well

not on me he's not... sod off Alex gumpy face  >:(;D:P:-*

:'(  :-*

The chat has been good, thanks for the fun. However.. need to get back to something more serious. St Valentine's Day is almost upon us and so for those of a nostalgic Massey Ferguson disposition, I give you...

That Massey Ferguson 590

oh bloody hell.

That Massey Ferguson 590

Try to resist lads and lasses. This is just a ploy to deceive and confuse. :police:

Nothing to be confused about.. I do think some have a very clear picture and can only be confused through circumstance particular to themselves. The tv recording is there for all to see.. yes I am more Connery than Moore.

All welcome at next Show or if you are intending to be in the area at any time either on a general visit or perhaps for the Giants Causeway, golf or the NorthWest 200 races (Website tells the story. Pity there is not a race for tractors... probably wouldn't be too hard to guess which make of tractor would win anyway.)

Normal posting for event in not too distant future.

Nothing to be confused about.. I do think some have a very clear picture and can only be confused through circumstance particular to themselves. The tv recording is there for all to see.. yes I am more Connery than Moore.

All welcome at next Show or if you are intending to be in the area at any time either on a general visit or perhaps for the Giants Causeway, golf or the NorthWest 200 races (Website tells the story. Pity there is not a race for tractors... probably wouldn't be too hard to guess which make of tractor would win anyway.)

Normal posting for event in not too distant future.

Sorry Al, I've been left behind somewhere.... :of:-[ I think I know who you are now, if I'm right I think I remember seeing you in CT or something a year or so ago... :-\  But what TV recording... ???

Gang was all there weren't they!!  :of 

So you're a very important man indeed then Al, and probably well placed to actually make some progress with any culture shift in terms of local fair trade, starting with models.... Hopefully we can make a difference...  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno if anyone saw the major development yesterday. Ben and Jerry of Ben & Jerry's ice cream were on the telly yesterday morning saying how they have now achieved fair trade ice cream after all these years. It goes to show that there is hope and the reality of a fair trade tractor may be just around the corner.. well maybe a further corner or too as well. However, in the interim it may just be possible that someone may produce something in between....a fair trade tractor made from ice cream. 

Has anyone ever encountered an ice cream tractor..?  I know, I know I shouldn't be giving away multi billion pound ideas. However... why aren't there ice cream tractors, lorries, cars available for all us afficianados?  These could even be made locally. Imagine... Massey Fergusons in strawberry flavour , John Deere's in lime flavour.. it goes on.. what a totally fantastic idea.

Maybe it's not too late after all to have an incredible idea.. could this be a Colonel Saunder's moment?