BA Stores 7th Annual Working Weekend - 15th & 16th May 2010

BC

Well the entry forms came in yesterday for one of my favourite vintage shows of the rally season in my area. It is a fun working weekend and is held at Allan Brownies BA Store between Dunecht / Lyne of Skene and Kintore on a 32 acre site.

I need to see about getting batteries for my Nuffield and also getting the underslung exhaust on my French Cub fixed before then.

Here is a taster form the 2008 event

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,22092.0.html

Website under development but some nice prior years events photos in the gallery

http://www.bavintageweekend.co.uk/

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well not long to one of my favourite shows of the year. The forecast up until Thursday is light rain with heavy showers on Friday. I hope this means a dry weekend.

I was talking to Hamish Barrack at Balado and they will be taking their ploughing engine "Sam Hird" and plough and Cook's of Leven in Fife are coming with their new ploughing engine too. This will be the first time at BA that they will have a pair although Hamish said they were not a pair since well they were both left handed or both right handed.

Anyway it will be nice to see and I will be there and hopefully cutting grass. Giving the trailing plough a miss this year since well haven't got the trip hitch fitted yet :-[:-[ ..only bought it two year ago ;) ;)

Are any FTF members planning attending if so you are welcome to cut a round of hay ;) ;)

Today home around 4pm and off to the folks at Kemnay with trailer to pick up my French Cub. Shower of rain on the way there so stopped off at BA to see what grass there was to cut and see if I could get a space in the model tent for FTF MF issue 14 & 15....all now fixed

Had a look at the grass to cut then saw this County making a forrest road

th_14052010003.jpg

Back home an all set for BA 2010 tomorrow ;D ;D

14052010001.jpg

14052010002.jpg

The two sample copy magazines in folders and some future subscription flyer's.

I showed a chap a printout of issue 15 yesterday and his comment was "a really good looking edition....even better than the first one".......so an encouraging start ;) ;)

[15052010.jpg

I was there today, Bonnie day it was too. the event is getting bigger every year and is now getting to be a fare trek with the 80+ HP and 4wd bit at the back. Got a laugh at the boy and the forestry county trying to see how far up the brae he'd get. Forgot to look for the cub... :-[ Hope it doesn't rain for them this year (if I remember right one of the days has been drowned the past few years), or the car park is going to be a mud slide.

I was there today, Bonnie day it was too. the event is getting bigger every year and is now getting to be a fare trek with the 80  HP and 4wd bit at the back. Got a laugh at the boy and the forestry county trying to see how far up the brae he'd get. Forgot to look for the cub... :-[ Hope it doesn't rain for them this year (if I remember right one of the days has been drowned the past few years), or the car park is going to be a mud slide.

I was there No 43. Cutting grass for a while then genrally just touring about on tractor and stopping to take some photos. The weather was great and today fingers crossed will be the same. Did you have  a look in the model tent ??? ???

There certainly looks to be a lot more different activities at this event to what you normally see Bill. Thanks for sharing the pics  :)

What motor is fitted to the leyland doing the pulling ? and will the backend take it  :laugh:

Did you have  a look in the model tent ??? ???

I had a skim through the tent, was getting a tad tired and hungry with all the hiking. The tent seemed to be smaller this year than last.

Theres a high chance you saw me. A small person wearing black jacket with orange and white stripes armed with a mobile phone and a video camera :P::) come to think of it, I'll have a look through the footage and see if i've picked you without noticing. ;D

I noticed there was paint balling which nobody mentioned