BA Stores 7th Annual Working Weekend - 15th & 16th May 2010

BC

I'm sure you would like it David and if I told Alan Brownie someone was coming all the way from England I sure he would fly the English flag too. I mean he has a English worker big Stuart so that would please him too ;) ;)

He files two Scottish ones and the Orcadian one and the Irish ones since he has visitors from Orkney and Ireland. One year a member on here ( sadly never posts any more called "the other green" ) emigrated from Dumfries to Canada. Him and his wife and four friends were back on holiday a few years ago and attended the event. I told Alan and he was cuffed to bits and he said he would fly the Canadian flag. He did as well and they were really pleased when they drove in about and saw it. In addition he asked if they would speak with the commentator which Adam and wife and another American did. For doing this Alan presented them with the plate plaques the exhibitor's get. A nice gesture I though and I think they were highly delighted.

The only problem David you will need to buy a Doric phrase box or else "ye winna ken fit wir sayin"....I do hope you can translate that one :-\ :-\

Come on then who will be the first English Irish or Welshman to translate correctly ??? ???

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in addition to BA stores being a hive of activity in mid May it is also a hive of activity from Mid November until December when the old tattie dresser shed is opened up for the Christmas scene. Kids jut love it and well grown ups too ;) ;)

In addition Santa arrives on Sunday 28th November and Sunday 5th December by helicoptor in the field beside the store.

Was in past at the weekend and took some shots

13112010009.jpg

13112010010.jpg

13112010011.jpg

13112010012.jpg

13112010013.jpg