Ferguson LTX/TE60/T60

ratholderen

In the latets issue of the danish vintage tractor magasine i read an interest article about a ferguson with more power than TEA20T20 and diesel engine, the idea was that the power should be between 30-100 hp. Some was build and tested with a 5 furrow plough in 1948-49. Harry Ferguson didn´t like diesel engines at that time so the project was cancelered.

Did any of your experts know anything about that? I have scanned the article but it is in danish so i dot think it will help you.

post-528-132639246788_thumb.jpg

There was a big write up in Tractor and machinery almost 10 years ago

about the LTX project and someone actualy got a 1/32nd model of one

on a mock up LTX im sure it spammed 2 or even 3 issues of the mag

ive probebly still got it in the atic i will have a hunt 4 it in a couple ov days

There were 4 of these tractors built and went on to farms for demonstration and two remained on farms for evaluation. Two were scrapped when the project was dropped and the other two remained on the farms that they were sent to for evaluation. One of these I believe is now in France in the museum and the second was re-discovered in the back of a barn on another farm, where it is now is uncertain and surrounded in secrecy. There have been many Stories and stuff printed on this tractor but the best one to look for is a publication from 2002 caled 'The Legendary LTX Tractor, The Big "Fergie" Story by Erik Fredriksen. You see copies on eBay from time to time or if you want a copy try the people that advertise tractor books in the magazines.

interesting stuff i wasnt aware of this tractor??

A few years ago i was talking to someone who did evalution work with Ford, he said Ford built a 6 cylinder model in the 70s that was the best tractor he tested but never went into production because Ford thought farmers wouldnt like it???