renault temis 630 or 650

colin

Cor, you'll be lucky Col, we didn't make many of these, they had a VERY short production run, and weren't desperately popular, over here anyway, folks were starting to become accustomed to the Quadrishift box & Hydrostable cab.... I delivered a 610 to a farm and that was one of only 2 or 3 we sold out of Ludlow.... Good luck mate!  :of  ;)  ;D

Cor, you'll be lucky Col, we didn't make many of these, they had a VERY short production run, and weren't desperately popular, over here anyway, folks were starting to become accustomed to the Quadrishift box & Hydrostable cab.... I delivered a 610 to a farm and that was one of only 2 or 3 we sold out of Ludlow.... Good luck mate!  :of  ;)  ;D

Don't think I've even seen one and we had a good dealer who punted a lot of Renaults out.  ???

I only know of one in this area, think the chap still has it and it spends most of the time sitting in his yard now that he's retired. It had a short life on his tankers in his septic tank emptying business, the drivers prefering the Ares and 54 series models he had so ended up on the farm most of the time. Its the only one I've ever seen out at work and this was a good sales area for Renault :-\

I only know of one in this area, think the chap still has it and it spends most of the time sitting in his yard now that he's retired. It had a short life on his tankers in his septic tank emptying business, the drivers prefering the Ares and 54 series models he had so ended up on the farm most of the time. Its the only one I've ever seen out at work and this was a good sales area for Renault :-\

i recon the renaults took of far better than the jds when they first came out  up that way gav, dont know why, jd seemed to take a while to pick up, good few years, but that thorndon dealer opened up, and bam within a few months the things were all over the place did well till it shut to,

i dont think i have ever seen one to, was a very good renault dealer near my nans place, gav would prob know of it, only saw the tz and 145/55's then  the ares appeared, good few renaults arround at that time to

Where abouts was this Sean? Was it a franchise or one of our own depots like Ludlow...? We had 7 I think.... Sturminster Newton in Dorset, Marden in Kent, Stowmarket in Suffolk, Epworth, York [and one more but I can't remember where] in the North East, and Ludlow....

The only big one in Suffolk that springs to mind at present is Renault East Anglia at Brockford which is where the 836 I had in a previous job originated from......less said about some of the muppets working there the better ::);D ;D

The only big one in Suffolk that springs to mind at present is Renault East Anglia at Brockford which is where the 836 I had in a previous job originated from......less said about some of the muppets working there the better ::);D ;D

Brockford, that was one of the names I was thinking of.... is that beyond Stowmarket [coming from the West...]? I'm sure they moved the most kit of all the CRA's.... weren't vey F*IN bright whenever I went there though, you're right.....  I delivered a McConnel trimmer to them one day... took less time to drive there from Ludlow than it did for them to work out how to strop it right to lift it off the trailer..  ::)

Well when I had the 836 on demo the radio wouldn't work all the time, if you shut the door hard it would go off for hours on end so I mentioned it to the rep, 3 months and 600 hrs later when we actually bought that tractor as an ex demo machine it was still like it despite us being told they had been through the tractor and sorted everything, one of the engineers at the local now gone Nortrac branch sorted it, loose pin in a multi plug, first thing that he checked, trouble is all Brockfords faffing about had fried half the internals in the radio so it needed replacing.....they wouldn't cough up for it either (there are other things but I'm not allowed to mention them :of ). There pdi and valet wasn't too great, was a funny smell in it and when I traced it the ash tray was full of *** ends ::)

thats the one gav brockford, on the a140 between ipswich and norwich, prob half way, just outside a place called eye.they were a car dealers ford i belive, that went bust and within 3 weeks a renault dealer set up, think they also did valderstad and knerverland implememts to, the guy we stay as bought his renault grain trailer from them, only one i have ever seen,they went from memory when they swapped to claas

serive might have ben poor but they sold a hell of a lot , know 1 jd farm that swapped within a few months to the 155's,

Well when I had the 836 on demo the radio wouldn't work all the time, if you shut the door hard it would go off for hours on end so I mentioned it to the rep, 3 months and 600 hrs later when we actually bought that tractor as an ex demo machine it was still like it despite us being told they had been through the tractor and sorted everything, one of the engineers at the local now gone Nortrac branch sorted it, loose pin in a multi plug, first thing that he checked, trouble is all Brockfords faffing about had fried half the internals in the radio so it needed replacing.....they wouldn't cough up for it either (there are other things but I'm not allowed to mention them :of ). There pdi and valet wasn't too great, was a funny smell in it and when I traced it the ash tray was full of *** ends ::)

I don't doubt that for a second Gav, Renault were a HORRIBLE company when it came to warranty... I remember listening to conversations in our branch where we had sold a new or ex demo 735 with a creeper box and the creeper was shot, but head office didn't want to replace it, so they were forcing our depot to fob the guy off.... which was difficult, because he was supposed to be bedforming with it and without a creep box, he couldn't, so he came in EVERY DAY.... they did it in the end but the stress they put this poor contractor through was unbelievable.... It was one of the things which went toward what would ultimately have been my resignation, had it not closed down before I got that far!  :laugh:

I know all about their warranty back up unfortunately ::)  lets just say the issue of which I'm not allowed to speak of ended up with two of Claas UK's top blokes (Claas had just taken on Renault when we aquired the tractor), the rep and service manager in a meeting with my then boss, it was that serious and had cost us and another manufacturer a lot of time and money trying to trace :of

I bought all the models from Brockford when they closed down........UH Atles and Celtis in dealer boxes and some Joal ones too Bought 38 models in total for a fiver each :laugh:8)

C0CK!!! I never thought of that!  :of  >:(  ???  ::)  I shut down 4 CRA's too - Dorset, Kent, Epworth & Ludlow, there was loads of stuff which could 'get lost'...  ???  ::)

I know all about their warranty back up unfortunately ::)  lets just say the issue of which I'm not allowed to speak of ended up with two of Claas UK's top blokes (Claas had just taken on Renault when we aquired the tractor), the rep and service manager in a meeting with my then boss, it was that serious and had cost us and another manufacturer a lot of time and money trying to trace :of

There was a lot of that, I think there was some kind of agreement signed when that creeper box was finally replaced, very odd company indeed.....

thanks for all the info froms yous guys, have never drove a temis yet, but they are just new version of 106 :D

there is a lot of temis' is France but too dear, da was talking to a sales man in claas dealers near us and he says men are coming over here to buy tractors, a man came from Denmark and bought axion 850 :)

so if there was 1 here in uk without going to France that would be good ;)

I would think the chances of getting a UK 6 cylinder Temis would be almost zero. As they make more money in France the few that might be on the market would be exported to their place of birth.

yeah your prob right there mate, only saw a 650 at my local dealers but it was rough, we are in no rush for one, if we get a clean 1 before silage that will be a bonus :)

You're battling against the Euro at the moment Col [you are NI aren't you  ???  ] and I see little chance of that changing in the very near future... on top of that the French are very loyal and will take great pleasure in taking good machines out of our second hand market at a cheap price, particularly those which were built at Le Mans... I only know to one Temis around here, that one I delivered to Clifton, think it was a 610.... there might be another one near Ludlow but they are a bit like hen's teeth....

You're battling against the Euro at the moment Col [you are NI aren't you  ???  ] and I see little chance of that changing in the very near future... on top of that the French are very loyal and will take great pleasure in taking good machines out of our second hand market at a cheap price, particularly those which were built at Le Mans... I only know to one Temis around here, that one I delivered to Clifton, think it was a 610.... there might be another one near Ludlow but they are a bit like hen's teeth....

yep Simon from NI, there is a 610 way down in south but then its smaller hp than 106 :( from what i saw on internet of the temis' the French have they are excellent condition :D