Lakeland Model Farm & Construction Show - Penrith - Sunday 21st Nov 2010

BC

Well folks I'm planning on taking some photos and writing an article on the show for Model Farmer. To help me with this article and to ensure I don't miss out on any FTF members could you maybe let me know your names and or user id's on here and what you are displaying or what you are selling since I'm afraid I don't yet know you all yet :-[

HI BILL BOTH ME AND ALFIE ARE GOING SETTING UP ON SATURDAY IM TAKING DIGGERS AGAIN AND ALFIES GOT HIS FARMYARD LOOK FORWARD TO SE  YOU AGAIN  THANKS ANDY

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was still hopeful of making it down as its only 90 miles or so from me but really all depends on work, whether I get my Claas back from the workshop tomorrow or not.if not then I`ll be still feeding cattle via the 2wd 590....not so handy and certainly no as fast. Of course too , all depends on what the livestock are up to. Would probably be afternoon before  and if we get there.

I arrived there at 11.15 today and didn't leave until 5pm. Saw a lot of new faces and also old ( I don't mean old looking) but faces seen before ;) ;)

Harold plans to open up to exhibitors from 7.30 am tomorrow.

The Scottish contingent are all staying at Soutwaite nearer to Scotland than most of the English contingent who are mostly at Todhills close the centre  ;D ;D

was still hopeful of making it down as its only 90 miles or so from me but really all depends on work, whether I get my Claas back from the workshop tomorrow or not.if not then I`ll be still feeding cattle via the 2wd 590....not so handy and certainly no as fast. Of course too , all depends on what the livestock are up to. Would probably be afternoon before  and if we get there.

Hope you can make it John it was looking good yesterday and more to sellers and exhibitors to arrive today. Really nice show and a credit must go to Harold for staging this one at the centre for the forth year running.

it`s a wonder you can`t see me grinning from where you are.............got back from lakeland model show about an hour ago...........my first ever model show and I have to say i really enjoyed it..Some fantastic displays put my previous attempts well to shame I can tell you.............Nice to put faces to a few names..........well worthy of the rush to get down there and back.

Perhaps my highlight, no genuinely my highlight, was seeing Damian`s work in the flesh.. well deserved red rosette and silverware.now for those of you who havent seen it, it`s stunning.the workmanship and  his obvious eye for  all those little extra details, was, in my very humble opinion, worth the trip in itself. Yet another very talented forum member. Didn`t get to speak to you, you were deep in conversation when we were there however.

This isn`t meant to detract from the dozen or 15 other great layouts.....everyone who takes the time and trouble to show their collections and dioramas off,all who come along to sell  a wide variety of models artworks and accessories  deserve praise.the long  hard hours setting up and the travelling show a real dedication to our chosen hobby  so a big thank you to everyone, not forgetting the organisers who too , will have a heap of work behind the scenes  most of us never see.

here`s hoping my next model show visit  isn`t too far away.