archtech's MF35

archtech

Looks well with the later Duncan cab - quite straight too!

I was originally planning on removing the cab when restoring it, but I'm having second thoughts now. The cab would be useful for keeping the rain off, although it does need a bit of work. The biggest draw back of leaving the cab on is the bonnet need to be unbolted and slid off.

Shes a beauty buddy... thanks for sharing..

Keep the cab on is my vote... you'll miss it if you do take it off I reckon.

She look cute with her 'Mickey Mouse' ear lights which of course is the tell tale sign of her spending some time on a loader at some point.

a 3 clyinder 35 is probsably my most favourite MF model, second only perhaps to the early MF240 I suppose for obvious reasons  :-\

So... questions questions... what plans do you have for her ? will she be worked ? do you farm ? can i have her ? does she have a name ?  :P :P

Thanks for the kind comments lads. I have to say I am very much growing attached to the cab, and am certain won't be getting rid of it in the short term, if ever.  There is a fair amount of rust on the cab in places, however it isn't beyond repair, apart from possibly having to replace the mud guards, which are fairly bad in places.

From what I can gather, its had only 3 previous owners, the last been my uncle whom gave it to me; he's had 35's upto now for over 40 years on his farm, and has a lot to do with my love of the MF 35 in that my first memory of getting a spin in a tractor was in his MF35 at about the age of 3 and then later had me to "drive" one around a hay field when I was only 8, while he field the trailer with bales. Prior to that a farmer owned it for about 5 years and did nothing with it only to drive it to Mass on sunday and the to local shops.  There's only one previous registered owner named on the taxt book but as it wasn't registered for road use until 1980 some 20 years after manufacture, i'm not sure if there were other owners prior to then.

So... questions questions... what plans do you have for her ? will she be worked ? do you farm ? can i have her ? does she have a name ?  :P :P

My long there plan would be to restore it as a show tractor, and use it  for tractor runs and odd jobs around the house, collecting timber, a bit of ploughing in  the garden (to keep the wife happy with her veg patch) etc as I don't have farm.

Of course you can have it.... but at a price(which is high)

And no she hasn't got a name..... yet ;)

lovely little tractor , quite an oddity with the cab as well ! whats the story behind the decals then , you say it's a 35 but decals say 35X ? strange !

as for a name , think marky summed it up already , it's wearing the mickey mouse headlights , so mickey is one to consider , but you could just call it mouse  :)

don't listen to them mate , he / she ? does it matter i'd have been happy to call my tractor ............tractor  :-\  even fergus would have done , but oh no not with this lot it's got to be calld something exotic , like doris or edna , so mines now called cherry ? short for cherrycalypso ? what ?

what was wrong with the tractor  ? :(

i think youll be glad you kept the cab especially if we get repeat of the weather we had last year did you manage to get the back window for the cab from the person you bought it from or did it disappear like most  ???

no back window

er hello... SHE would be Minnie surly  :-\

I don 't think I would be too popular with my niece calling the tractor Minnie as that's what she known as.

what was wrong with the tractor  ? :(

nothing for the moment

we have a backwindow for it but no cab to put it on  :laugh:  my uncle traded in the 188 with a 35 loader without telling us and we still have most of the stuff off it and could have bought his share of it  ::)  the windows probably different anyway yours looks like an earlier cab

and call it what you wish we just call them by model number or in the 3085s case because thats a mouthful to say its just the new massey even though its 15yrs old  :-:laugh:  it just in comparison to the 165 its new  :laugh:  and the best of luck with the 35 and keep us up to date with any developements with it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

"The Tractor" as its referred to in conversation got a bit of a work out over the weekend. Since I posted the last photo the topper has been sold, as it was too heavy for "The Tractor".  Between work and holidays the cutting of the lawn got neglected for a few weeks and end up like silage than a lawn.

I had my nephew over the weekend and we tackled the job with lawn mower and strimmer; cutting and gathering it before disposing it in the composite heap.  He said wasn't interested in driving "an ould yoke ", and was only interested in driving modern tractors, however than soon changed!

tractor014-1.jpg

tractor021-1.jpg

tractor027-1.jpg

tractor029-1-1.jpg

tractor006-1.jpg

nice update mate , have to tell yer nephew , that the old tractors are proper tractors  :)

was the topper really too heavy ?  i'm surprised it looked just right !

he just rang me up to say he spent the night dreaming about driving the tractor, so I think he'll be wanting to drive it again and again...

the topper was grand to cut with, it was the manoeuvring where the problem was. the topper (roller mower) is quiet heavy at 475kg and when in the raised position the steering was extremely light and more often than not the front wheels were off the ground.

It was a shame really as the mower gave a great finish.