silage is on

Tractorman810

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm on for buckraking on Monday, three days later than last year. A friend of mine who helps run a large contracting company south of Bristol says they have already put 400ac through their new Claas 950 which has been chipped up to 650-700hp. Their 900 and 840 are being prepared for the season. Would like to pay him a visit, they run two 930's on triple Potitnger mowers!

Thank you, Mark. Not heard a tedder called anything but a tedder before.

Do you say 'I've been scaling' then or, 'I have to go and scale some grass' ? Or do you just say tedding and ted?

yes thats what we usually call it.

or about 10 miles away they call it a scrowin out machine? dont have a clue why

there was chat at scot grass of a man putting is 850 jag away for a jf chopper and he lifts 800 to himself thought it was crazy talk myself but he thinks if he gets a big tractor powering her he'll lift just the same as the chopper, the new jd harvester is some machine  :of

Two days in, one happy customer with 153 acres in the clamp. Grass has varied from heavy new leys to light new leys. Weight tends to be more sue to moisture than yield. Some showers on Sunday night dampened everything the farmer had cut since Friday. No sun, no wind and sold nights put paid to any wilting, none of it had really dried out and it was heavy for me to push around the clamp but as far as quality goes, the grass didn't look all that bad to be honest. We're on for the week now with farmer taking the opportunity to get the grass cut. Hopefully showers will get new growth going and any nitrogen which has yet to be taken up by the grass will then be taken up by the new growth.