silage is on

Tractorman810

Second cut starts tomorrow but I won't be there as the farmer does his own pit. Oh and I have the buckrake on the back now as some plonker snapped the front linkage on the TM155 . . . ::) . . . Ahem. . . . *skulking off quietly*

if you think that is bad my uncle told me the farmer next door to him was coming down the clamp too quickly with the loader too low and the loader got ripped off, neadless to say it was a massey, he then had the cheek to ask for my uncles massey with loader. i calnt repeat what he said to that

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, here it is!!

Was doing an indoor clamp on a farm. The entrance to which was made years ago by removing the end wall of a dutch barn. Removal included gassing off an RSJ . . . . . but it was never flush. I was steady as you like all day, lifting up and over it all day. Then just as I think "This isn't going too badly...." Whack!! Hit it left side on and it snapped off the right hand section of the yoke. As you can see, it has been partially cracked for some time - dull area.

Having it on the back isn't a patch on the front. I've no counterbalance, it doesn't climb well, I am too near the edge and it's a faff trying to switch between spool and linkage control all the time. The front linkage is plumbed into the front loader controls see, so on the front I have joystick control which is superb. New part on 7 day order, should be here early next week.

:-[::)

post-227-132639334879_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639334893_thumb.jpg

Thankfully not, Colm. Just a shame it was the yoke and not one of the arms  :(

Really when you look at these front linkages they can be quite weak. There is no lateral support as there is with rear linkages and with the arms at the angle that they are, they naturally get outward force applied to them when pushing. How it cracked first time round we'll never know. Would it have snapped if it wasn't already cracked, we'll never know. Just one of them unlucky things really.

Murray, can't remember if I have asked you before or not but the term 'Mains' in farm names up your way, does it mean anything like a block of land, estate, acres or anything? Just interested to know if there is a particular meaning to the name or another translation?

Like Keiss Mains would mean Keiss Acres, know what I mean?  :-\

Murray, can't remember if I have asked you before or not but the term 'Mains' in farm names up your way, does it mean anything like a block of land, estate, acres or anything? Just interested to know if there is a particular meaning to the name or another translation?

Like Keiss Mains would mean Keiss Acres, know what I mean?  :-\

yeah your right Tris. its just means the estate as you said, a block of land is all it is. alot of farms go by mains up here  :-\

Amazing how the paint can change the impression of a machine, Looks great in Case red but nothing in Mengele blue. Likewise the pics of the Case chopper with red Valtra and yellow Western trailer really stand out but the Fendt and green trailer just ruins the picture.

yeah your right Tris. its just means the estate as you said, a block of land is all it is. alot of farms go by mains up here  :-\

Cheers  :) Always wondered, guess it's a gaelic thing then. W&A have quite a mix of tractors or are some of the trailers being pulled by the farmer?

Case ih mammunt  8790 and fendt 716

I am driving the 7480

That Case is flipping flying along!! What a weapon, what kind of horsepower is one of these things?

Always thought the Mammut was a giant of a machine when we first saw it. Are they still offered by CNH?