steam in the park balado kinross 2010

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well last few from me from 2010 Balado. I hope you have enjoyed it as musch as I did. It was nice meeting up with some FTF members too...Brian, Joe and Andrew.

Any questions fire away and I will try and answer if I can

09052010140.jpg

09052010141.jpg

09052010142.jpg

09052010143.jpg

Alex Anderson has a lovely collection. He's not short of a bob or two and a down to earth chap as I found out when having a chat with him. He has done well for himself from rags to riches really. Him and his father started as rag and bone men.

That orange Case DC was very nice and original and would be a shame to give that one a paint makeover.

i think some of the cadets went and got ice cream from you  will look out for you some other time will you be attending fife show

If you mention FTF Andrew you may get discounted ice cream. I must admit it was very nice ice cream. I must admit I do have a soft spot for icecream and it is beginning to show :-[:-[

i think some of the cadets went and got ice cream from you  will look out for you some other time will you be attending fife show

hi andrew im not sure if im at fife yet but will let you know, a bit all over the place this year, and as bill says if im on the ice cream introduce yourself mention the ftf and ill manage a discount 4 you

Sorry Brian I should have taken Joe over to you and introduced him too you but as we headed to looks at the Wm Nicol Magnum lorry ( Joe used to drive one ) you looked extremely busy with queues of customers. After that we just walked about and viewed and talked with folk and before we knew it it was 3.45pm and the exhibitors were starting to load up and go home. As you say it seems to be a growing show. It must be 4 to 5 years since I was last there and certainly the quality of tractors and lorries has gone up substantially.

yes bill that was the buisiest balado steam event for me in the last ten years, i was the same i saw you and joe walk past and the next time i looked up it was quarter past four, that mf 690 sat their all day on the sat as well

Some cracking pictures Bill thanks for posting  :)

After spying a familiar face there in the form of Leyland Leopard YSF88S I went and did a bit of digging on the web and found this - the story of her restoration after leaving my local bus company back in 2006 http://www.staff.stir.ac.uk/jeff.wotherspoon/jfiles/fpe88/fpe88.htm

You are welcome Mart.

I passed your road end twice on Friday and twice on Sunday but did not see you. I think I saw your red car sitting there one of the days