steam in the park balado kinross 2010

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to come down to it on the Sunday Andrew but that is dependant on how I get on with jobs at home on the Saturday. I have only been to it once before and it really is a steam event. When I was there there was not a lot of tractors and none of them really stood out as being very special. I think Joe aka catkom3 on here said he might be going along. I'll drop you a PM to let you know if I'm coming or not and we can arrange to meet up for a blether ;) ;)

ok im going to be there all day i think will be in cadet uniform ;D

So how do Joe and me recognise you Andrew since I assume there will be quite a few of you in uniform ;D ;D ...do we just ask for Andrew ??? ???

It was a cracking day Andrew and nice to meet up with you and talk Tracked MF with Joe. Also met Brian aka mr softie who was on the ice cream. Oh and many thanks fro the freebie 99 it was delicious. I hope you had a successful day sales wise.

We left Balado around 4pm and was home 1 hour 40 minutes later. I'm currently upload a few well if the truth be known around about 140 photos of the show to PB. By the time that finished I doubt if I be posting tonight or even tomorrow night since well I need to go to dad's and get the French Farmall Cub with mower checked over and started and ready for next week end BA working day event at the Lyne of Skene.

Well funny you should say that Andrew but we did. Joe and myself said it was nice to see ropes being used instead of ratchet straps. As we got closer to take photos on of the chaps came out with a strap to hold on the ramps. Jokingly I shouted god not straps that will spoil the photos. The chap in the hi viz jacket then said do you want us to use ropes ;) ;)

It turned out that this was the owner himself Alex Anderson and he prefers ropes to straps. In fact he was giving one of the chaps a hard time saying that putting the strap round the back wheels was unnecessary and was doing nothing ;D ;D ... those were not the actual words Alex used but that was the gist of theconversation.

We had quite a chat with Alex and was speaking about the Morris lorry he had still in "Wulli Brown's" colours. He purchased this some time ago from a chap up in Kintore Aberdeenshire.

Alex was driving the Seddon artic himself and gave us a wave as we were watching the Scammell Explorerrecovery truck being loaded up on to Neil Hall's from Balmedie near Aberdeen trailer and Scania unit.

yes have to say it was one of the better shows at balado, the weather was excellent and got the attendance up on previous years, mind you not that i saw much after 11am apart for the inside of the freezer, was good to see you bill now that i realise catkom3 was the gent with that wonderful tracked mf (that sounds worrying comeing from a john deere man) wish i had had a chance to say hello, but we will meet one day, and missed andrew as well, lets hope we have similar weather next year and the show can go from strength to strength.

yes have to say it was one of the better shows at balado, the weather was excellent and got the attendance up on previous years, mind you not that i saw much after 11am apart for the inside of the freezer, was good to see you bill now that i realise catkom3 was the gent with that wonderful tracked mf (that sounds worrying comeing from a john deere man) wish i had had a chance to say hello, but we will meet one day, and missed andrew as well, lets hope we have similar weather next year and the show can go from strength to strength.

Sorry Brian I should have taken Joe over to you and introduced him too you but as we headed to looks at the Wm Nicol Magnum lorry ( Joe used to drive one ) you looked extremely busy with queues of customers. After that we just walked about and viewed and talked with folk and before we knew it it was 3.45pm and the exhibitors were starting to load up and go home. As you say it seems to be a growing show. It must be 4 to 5 years since I was last there and certainly the quality of tractors and lorries has gone up substantially.

Well here are some of my photos. I will add captions later if anyone is interested.

Any question feel free to ask.

First up a couple of videos...sorry the first is sideways......not sure if I can correct or not :-\ :-\

Alex Steele giving his steam engine a bit of work to do

th_09052010145.jpg

And again Alex with a V8 engine in a tractor puller

th_09052010146.jpg