Webcox Trailers

Deere-est

Made in Calne, Wiltshire and hefty old trailers in their day. Common place on farms in Wiltshire and there are relics still in use today. We use an 8t tandem for general tasks like carry two big water tanks for mixing additive. Couple of others in the area are frontline grain trailers still. Does anyone have any experiences of them?

am i right in saying they were a very boxy looking trailer, in a west / weeks blue look colour scheme tris ????? think i have seen one used for muck haulage on  a farm in suffolk,big tandem axel thing  only saw web on the decal on the side, as it had come off / pulled off  they have a mesh tailgate on it instead of the normal grain style one

No Simon, just trailers as a sideline to their engineering business. A lot of their work in the recent past has been steel frame buildings and commision engineering projects. However, there is news on the horizon.....  ;)

That's the ones Sean, one of the farms I was combining on last year had a 12t one from the eighties.... built like a 16t one mind. Flipping heavy old thing!! Mesh tailgate could be homemade though. In the past even the silage kit on them had a solid back door.

did look a hellish well built trailer ,good amount of rust on it, but very clearly strong enough to be piled high with i recon 12 tons if not more of muck, dont think the trailer was much bigger than 10 tons mind, didnt seem to be that long

agree with the tailgate, it was painted yellow to, well the framework was ;D ;D ;D ;D

• 1 year later...

Blimey, only just discovered this topic. Theses trailers are brilliant, really well built and good at coping with most things that get thrown at it. this is a picture of one of the new ones.

100_0372.jpg

There were also 2 bale trailers madde when this one and its partener were built but I dont think any others were built.

well the brakes didnt seem too bad when we were silaging so something seems to have been changed. the only thing i know about them really is that when we were hauling some of last years silage one of nicks drivers went on a detour to a weighbridge in Calne and the trailer held 10.5 tons easily with the silage sides fitted. the floatation wheels are also good and the difference could be seen compared to the 'super singles' on the other trailer when we were silaging

When they decided to start manufacturing trailers again they had three from the market for evaluation so it's possible any of the features came from anything really. I think an NC was evaluated but I forget the other two.

• 1 month later...

Another small update. Webcox have made 3 new bale trailers this summer. One is a 30 foot trailer that will be avalibe for hire, one was a 28 foot trailer made for a local farmer and the final was another 28 foot model that was completed yesterday for W. Gough Farms LTD and it is this model I have some pictures of.

Front View

100_0506.jpg

Side view

100_0508.jpg

100_0507.jpg

And the rope/strap box

100_0509.jpg

The spring if it has one may well be in the back, same way as a Bunning spreader Mark. A leaf spring, half in the drawbar and the other half out the back hung from the chassis/frame.

Thanks for updating the topic, Tommy. Looks like a nice enough trailer. Bigger strap box wouldn't have hurt mind. I have see one or two like this around now so they must have built a few over the last couple of years.  :) :)

I also notice LED side markers but no front corner markers  ??? I'd like to see some of the back too when you can buddy  :)

Your right about the spring Tris. It was going to be like their silage trailers with a sring each side of the drawbar but for some reason it didnt.

Photos of the back should be no trouble but might be a while uploading. Will also get some other pictures when it gets put to work.

Managed to get some pictures uploaded today so thought I'd update this.

First a picture of the back, as requested by Mark & Tris

100_0510.jpg

And the spring for the drawbar to reduce confusion

100_0513.jpg

If anyone wants anymore pictures I will try to get some. Nono of it loaded up yet due to the weather.  :(

used a few different one's of these webcox. not mass produced usually built to order,i know of a couple that were lorry bed conversion's as well 14t spring axle not the usual walking tandem's. T H whites did sell them for webcox for a while,hence the blue colour which is ford blue!!!

workshop is just round the corner from me!!!