MF 550 now with new waterdecals

that is fantastic,very high standard of work,would you like to take ftf members through a step by step guide of how and what you done,? again superb

Paul

as Jan said at the start of the topic he was following the guide already done by JDC

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,30662.0.html

Thanks for the reactions

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,30662.0.html

In the first place I started with the 362 of britains but that proved to be a wrong choice. After seeing the topic of JDC on Farm Toys forum who had also cultivated the 550 but with the untercarriage of the 135 by UH I knew this might be better. The first thing I did was making the cabin fit on the untercarriage, This meanes much grinding especially to the lower part of the cabin. When the mudguards together with the cabin are on the presise altitude you can start with the bonnet which seems to be as wide as the 590 model but isn't as high as this model. The grill has been shortened exactly under the lichtunit with 2 mm, whereupon the rest of the bonnet could be adapted. Total length was shortened + the side panels narrowed, the cabin stripped to be sprayed in two different colours. The frontaxle provided with selfmade steering lever arms. Furthermore I made some other small changes .

post-2081-132639328554_thumb.jpg

post-2081-132639328578_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...