New Holland TF78......Courtesy of Nigel Ford......

NewHolland2

Now thats a nice combine, i always have liked the TF series combines. I've never seen anyone using one without the straw chopper hoods in the operating position though  ::)  Glad to see i wasn't the only one trying to feed tall beans into a combine last year  :D

Guest quangova

Used to love combining beans... go as fast as the machine could take it, we used to combine them at night when it was damp to avoid too much loss at the header through pod shatter

I love combining beans too, our Lexion 460 soon gobbles them up, not the case 4 years ago when it took me 2 full days to combine 120 acres (normally a days work in beans) because they were all flat and tangled up, one of the worst crops i'd ever tried to pick up.

Would i be right in thinking that that TF in the picture has the 30' header fitted  ???

Quality pictures there the worst crop i've ever had to pick up with my short time a lexion was flattened osr that was a pig it was half on ground half not and that was just with a 15ft header glad i wasnt trying to do it with 25ft  :D :D

Corking set of photo's Nigel. Lovely bit of kit too. I used to cut beans with a little 15ft TX32, beautiful, simple combine and it rumbled along just nicely too. We also cut at night to allow the pods to close up, used to remove every third crop finger on the reel to if they were standing.

The worst crop I had to harvest was spring barley where it had got knocked down sometime before and where the deer & badgers had trodden the sprouted tufts would stick on the tips of the lifters beyond clearing by reversing with the header down & out of reach of the reel tines. The old man blamed me for going & doing father-in-laws wheat about 3 weeks before & then the weather broke! >:( I could have hardly pulled out of the in-laws & come back to do the barley,which wasn't ready when I first went down there. We never had a drier ever, so we always had to wait for it to be fit.