some pictures from work

05rich

7930 split, id love to see that

the more i do on my own tractors the more i think i should be a mechanic/spanner hand. maybe one day

here we go , in honesty the pictures are not very good , but you can make it out

the chassis , cab and engine etc roll away from the back axel , gear box , 4wd linkage etc to give access to them

post-1120-132639488488_thumb.jpg

post-1120-132639488642_thumb.jpg

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, some great pictures, i like these pictures as these are the scenes not many see

thanks Jordan , one thing which still amazes me is how cabs are tipped like the last picture , they use some heavy duty special bits of equipment which are controlled by a half inch ratchet which slowly tips the cab

thanks Jordan , one thing which still amazes me is how cabs are tipped like the last picture , they use some heavy duty special bits of equipment which are controlled by a half inch ratchet which slowly tips the cab

i didnt even know they were tipped, i though they were lifted straight off, well i have learnt something new today

fantastic picture rich!!

Howerer mate... make sure you grow into a youn TECHNICIAN, not a mechanic or fitter.... there is more to your hob that people think. The tractor technicians of today are as skilled as a car technician or lorry technician but with worse customers!!

nice topic rich  :)  looks like a good place to work !

fantastic picture rich!!

Howerer mate... make sure you grow into a youn TECHNICIAN, not a mechanic or fitter.... there is more to your hob that people think. The tractor technicians of today are as skilled as a car technician or lorry technician but with worse customers!!

ha technicians , couldn't find their @r$£ with both hands , , a technician plugs thing in to find out whats going on then fit new parts, mechanics on the other hand have a skill of knowing what the problems are & actually repairing the fault  proper.

being a technician is a bit like being a jazz musician, it's just an excuse for people who cant actually use the proper tools to do a decent job of it :)

fantastic picture rich!!

thanks jez , technician does sound better  :D

ha technicians , couldn't find their @r$£ with both hands , , a technician plugs thing in to find out whats going on then fit new parts, mechanics on the other hand have a skill of knowing what the problems are & actually repairing the fault  proper.

being a technician is a bit like being a jazz musician, it's just an excuse for people who cant actually use the proper tools to do a decent job of it :)

thanks marcus  :)

best thing about a 6000 series cab is they just tip over , a mechanics dream

i have growen to hate the 7920 i drive, boss told me im getting a new tractor, 7930..... grrrrr i wanted a 7530..

thanks for the pictures rich

no problem nick  :)

Each to their own opinion I guess. Not my opinion but there you go. Also love too see you say that to some of the guys I know.

work your way to becoming a full blown service engineer- i was one in both agricultural and construction machinery. very rewarding  role incorporates everything servicing, diagnostics, on site repairs including on site overhauls including transmission and engine rebuilds and commissioning of new items. freedom out on the road only downside is the weather

Each to their own opinion I guess. Not my opinion but there you go. Also love too see you say that to some of the guys I know.

Have to Agree with you there Jez.. Agriculutral wouldn'd be were it is today without Technicians... They do more than people think..

If your a Contractor, Tractor breaks down at 11pm.. Your gonna want someone to get it going Quick! If it takes someone to plug a laptop in and it'll show you whats wrong in minutes.. Fix it, jobs a Good'un! Just the way things are  ;) 

Some good pics there Rich, and sounds like your really interested in what your doing.. Everyone has to start with washing tractors but show interest and you'll climb the ladder  ;)  Keep It Up!

Have to Agree with you there Jez.. Agriculutral wouldn'd be were it is today without Technicians... They do more than people think..

If your a Contractor, Tractor breaks down at 11pm.. Your going to want someone to get it going Quick! If it takes someone to plug a laptop in and it'll show you whats wrong in minutes.. Fix it, jobs a Good'un! Just the way things are  ;) 

Some good pictures there Rich, and sounds like your really interested in what your doing.. Everyone has to start with washing tractors but show interest and you'll climb the ladder  ;)  Keep It Up!

thanks blake  :)

work your way to becoming a full blown service engineer- i was one in both agricultural and construction machinery. very rewarding  role incorporates everything servicing, diagnostics, on site repairs including on site overhauls including transmission and engine rebuilds and commissioning of new items. freedom out on the road only downside is the weather

i will nick, i have been out with someone doing field repairs acouple of times now, as you say alot more freedom than in the workshop , but you do have to know your stuff and your way around the area

If your a Contractor, Tractor breaks down at 11pm.. Your going to want someone to get it going Quick! If it takes someone to plug a laptop in and it'll show you whats wrong in minutes.. Fix it, jobs a Good'un! Just the way things are  ;) 

blimey you're a hard audience to work , remember those things we all used to have .........aww what was it ................ah yes.............................. a sense of humour  ::);D ;D

• 4 weeks later...

blimey jd call wheels optional extras now do they rich  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

not exactly.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

well the story behind this is that this tractor is off to norway , but it has to be in mint condition , so all the wheels were taken off along with hitch etc so that i could pressure was it. All i was told that i had to make it mint so that it could be inspected by some people from defra ( i was also told that so much as stones or straw stuck underneath would fail it  :of ) so i had to clean all underneath as well, in the cab etc etc , and well that picture was taken Wednesday and i am pleased to say that it was passed this morning with flying colours , pleasing considering it is my first one.

i think this is more about why it has to be so clean

http://www.defra.gov.uk/foodfarm/policy/planthealth/index.htm

If the tractor is leaving the country (or something like that) the have to be clean all under the cab and the engine etc ::)  I have seen my tractor dealer taking the cab of ::)

yea , as i say its going to norway , i had to clean all in the chassis and on top of the gear box etc

• 3 weeks later...