Proposed visit to Stewart Trailer factory, Aberdeenshire

BC

I have been following the build of Ian Leather's aka Agrium of a Stewart GX16-21S trailer. Being a writer for Model Farmer I approached Ian about me doing an article on his build. He was delighted to contribute and I'm now about to try and arrange a visit to the factory so I can get some pictures of the real build to compare to Ian's model build.

Before I approach Jim Stewart I was wondering if any other members would like to come if Jim offcourse was willing to give us a tour of his set up. Let me know if any of you are interested and we can take it from there.

http://www.stewart-trailers.co.uk/

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id definatly be up for a visit.  Friend farms near Aberdeen 2 so count him in aswell. 

Great job BC

You come all the way up from Wales Jay 8)

Out of intereest where about outwith Aberdeen does you friend farm ??? ???

depending on the work situation i would hope i could attend.

Andy I had a PM from Brian last night saying he would like too as well but from now till the harvest is finished he will be busy workwise. That isn't a problem for me since this article will be for the February 2011 magazine so I will see who else shows any interest and most likely try for a visit in the Autumn.

You come all the way up from Wales Jay 8)

Our of intereest where about outwith Aberdeen does you friend farm ??? ???

yeah i'd stay with mate n and make bit of a holiday out of it u c you see. 

he farms near Ellon.  Beef n and arable farm.

please do not use text talk!

Yes do that Rob.

bill.e.cruickshank@btinternet.com

The more folk the better really and I would image it will be an evening visit but really we will have to fit in with Jim assuming he is willing. I'm sure if I can get a photo of Ian's finished trailer he might be interested ;) ;)

An evening visit in the Autumn may work well for me Bill as it may coincide with me being up that way for college anyway  :)

Yes Mart..what days do you go home...i/2 day Wednesday and back up for Thursday and Friday so really if its an evening its a

Monday

Tuesday or

Thursday for you

If my lateral thinking is correct ??? ???

Yes Mart..what days do you go home...i/2 day Wednesday and back up for Thursday and Friday so really if its an evening its a

Monday

Tuesday or

Thursday for you

If my lateral thinking is correct ??? ???

That sounds about right Bill  :) , would definitely be able to make it on one of those evenings, but would try my best to still make it if one of those wasn't possible for you or Jim Stewart  :)

That's a fair run for you Brian from home but I suppose you are used to the road by now having been up at BA Lyne of skene and also the Echt Show ;) ;)

I'll see if any more are interested and then try and arrange something that fits in best with Jim and the majority of the folk who want to see the set up.

Rob sent me his onshore days over the next few months so I'll try and fit in something that ties in with Mart as well i.e a

Monday

Tuesday or

Thursday evening

Rob's leave days

27th July to the 10th august  24th august to the 21th september  6th october to the 18th october  2nd november to the 29th november.

Alright folks I have tried to set up proposed evening dates to suit you all before I contact Jim Stewart.

To allow the harvest to pass for Brian aka brianih634 and Andy Big A I have excluded Rob's hone days in July August and September 2009.

That then leaves October and November and Mondays, Tuesdays or Thursday to fit in with Mart aka Newholland 2 when he is up in Aberdeen at college and out on the town most nights ;) ;)

So I would say some of the following dates for an evening visit assuming this ties in with Jim Stewart and he is prepared to let us see his setup.

So if I got my days and dates right here are the proposed possible dates. I have excluded Monday 22nd November since I will only be back home form the Lakelnd show at Penrith that day

October 2010

Thursday 7th or 14th

Monday 11th or 18th

Tuesday 12th

November 2010

Tuesady 2nd

Thursday 4th

Monday 8th / 15th or 29th

Tuesday 9th / 16th or 23rd

Thursday 11th / 18th or 25th

We have the most availble dates in November 2010 so assuming that Davoit of Inverurie is not under a foot of snow November 2010 might be the best month for a visit ;) ;)

Hi to all reading this, I'm new to the Forum, I meant to join ages ago but never got to. I have been collecting for probably 5 years now after getting bitten by the bug when I joined Ebay.I have many happy memories of Britains as a child and growing up in the country in Ireland, I was always surrounded by tractors on my families farms and my friends ones. I lost touch with it all when I moved to Aberdeen, but am hoping to get back in touch with it when we move out the countryside to turriff and hoping to get space to display all the collection. I think I have bought off some of the members here. Anyway Ive been reading that you plan a visit to Stewart Trailers in Aberdeenshire in the Autumn and would love to meet some of you guys if Iam home at the time, you see I work overseasin the oil industry and am not home all the time. Anyway enough of my babbling, by the way BRILLIANT SITE!!!!!

Good work Bill  :)  sounds as though this is taking shape nicely  :) .......

Yes Mart. I know off two dates Rob is on a fire course and that should narrow things down a bit. This is the only way I can think of doing it really.

I had a PM from Dode aka toyboy and he is interested too .

Hi to all reading this, I'm new to the Forum, I meant to join ages ago but never got to. I have been collecting for probably 5 years now after getting bitten by the bug when I joined Ebay.I have many happy memories of Britains as a child and growing up in the country in Ireland, I was always surrounded by tractors on my families farms and my friends ones. I lost touch with it all when I moved to Aberdeen, but am hoping to get back in touch with it when we move out the countryside to turriff and hoping to get space to display all the collection. I think I have bought off some of the members here. Anyway Ive been reading that you plan a visit to Stewart Trailers in Aberdeenshire in the Autumn and would love to meet some of you guys if Iam home at the time, you see I work overseasin the oil industry and am not home all the time. Anyway enough of my babbling, by the way BRILLIANT SITE!!!!!

Welcome to the mad house....forum... Ronan. It not a bad place and there is always a bit of banter and not just model talk ;) ;)

The revised proposed dates and the interested headcount

October 2010

Thursday 7th or 14th

Monday 11th or 18th

Tuesday 12th

November 2010

Tuesady 2nd

Thursday 4th

Monday 15th or 29th

Tuesday 16th or 23rd

Thursday 11th / 18th or 25th

[list type=decimal]