Field Marshall models?

Ajf.350d

You could try G&M Originals. They do the MP 6 and VF Fowlwerr crawler and I'm suere they did one of the Green Field Marshall's but I can't recall if Series 1 or 2 or 3

http://web.mac.com/jasonpaulwilson/G_%26_M_Originals/Home_Page.html

Or in 1/32 you could buit your own from SCALEdown. Nigel Ford is a member on here.

http://www.modeltractorco.net/80400/info.php?p=2&cat=139800

Bigel does a 1947 FM Series 2

I have made up one some 25 years ago or more

15022010003.jpg

bbd31a34.jpg

bd224d88.jpg

8fc0b616.jpg

c70fc754.jpg

e2670515.jpg

If you are looking for a larger scale eg 1/16 Border Fine Arts ahve done a few Marshalls.

The first was Model JH98 entitled "Hauling out" Isued in 1995 for £ 350 but expect to pay £ 1,250 to £ 1,500 now since model was limited to 1,500 in total.

HaulingOut1.jpg

HaulingOut2.jpg

HaulingOut3.jpg

I deal with the Posthorn in Castle Douglas for my Border Fine Arts although it is now actually owned by Ian Sinclair of Sinclairs of Iverurie in Aberdeenshire.

http://www.posthorn.co.uk/

The next Marshall by BFA or should I saw Fowler was the VF crawler issues as a Society members only model in 2001. This was model BO702 called "Starts First Time". Originally cost £ 250 but expect to pay around £ 350 in the secondary market.

StartsFirstTime2.jpg

StartsFirstTime3.jpg

StartsFirstTime4.jpg

StartsFisrtTime1.jpg

The last Marshall  BFA did was in 2005. It ws the Orange "Pom pom" No BO918 called "The 111a" and was limited to 1,500 and new price in 2005 was £ 450

The111a1.jpg

The111a2.jpg

The111a3.jpg

Finally I'm sure Dinky did a Field Marshall as well way way back in time. I hope this has help with the Marshall's I know are on the market ;) ;)

Thank you for the replies.

The BFA ones look very nice but unfortunately a bit out of my price range!

How easy are the kits to make? I have done your average airfix but never any white metal or resin ones. They look good built though!

Surprised no other diecast manufacturer has done a bigger model. They are always well represented at rallies and seem to have a good following.

Andrew

The Dinky Toys Feild Marshall was made from 1958 to 1962 and were orange with silver wheels. The first ones up to 1960 all had cast wheels and tyres cast in one but the last ones had green cast rear wheels with green plastic front wheels and all the tyres were rubber. These last ones are harder to find and can cost a fair bit at toy fairs and the like but there are still plenty of earlier ones about at relatively cheap prices. They all had a pressed steel type rear hitch and posable front axle. The scale of these, as with all the other Dinky tractors were roughly 1:48 scale. The driver was the same mustard colour cast one that was also on their cranes and some lorries, a few of the very late ones were blue plasic drivers as on the Massey Harris rubber tyred Massey Ferguson decalled tractor and the Leylands. The ones with the plastic driver are quite rare. (Marshalls that is).

Thank you for the replies.

The BFA ones look very nice but unfortunately a bit out of my price range!

How easy are the kits to make? I have done your average airfix but never any white metal or resin ones. They look good built though!

Surprised no other diecast manufacturer has done a bigger model. They are always well represented at rallies and seem to have a good following.

Andrew

Yes Andrew BFA aint cheap but they are quality pieces.

The SCALEdowns are not bad to make provided you take your time and have patience. They should not be rushed.

Why don't you buy Model Farmer Hard copy 2 form the FTF shop. In that one you will see my build of a SCALEdown Farmall A and John Cranston's ( jdc ) build of a MF 3 ton trailer.

UH have one down for 2011 qtr 3 on their production plan in 1:16 so your wishes may be answered

I have no more information than that I'm afraid but at a guess I'd expect it will be the same tooling as the 1:43 model  :-\

went to spalding for the first time in april, there was so much to buy ( sorry should have said browse) that im heading back down for the october one, excellent day,

just noticed today that in the back of the tractor and machinery there is a bfa the crawler one that bill listed earlier for 200 in cumbria

If the model comes with box and painter certificate and the model is not broken in any way then that is a good price for someone wanting the BFA V Crawler since although not limited it was exclusive to Society Members only.