New CLAAS Lexion combines for 2011

I expect many here have seen the video on youtube of the new 670 Lexion combine that will be replacing the 570 model as CLAAS revamp the Lexion range for 2011 :)    The combine outwardly features the new Tucano style cab :-* and is half green now in terms of livery ;D  and certainly looks better than current model.  The question is which model manufacturer will make one first in 1/32 and which model will they choose??  Bearing in mind most makers like to start at the top that would mean the 600s replacement with a 40ft split reel header :of  however some like me may prefer a slightly smaller model with a header thats not going to cover the length of the mantlepiece ;D  I expect UH are well positioned with strong Claas links and the Tucano tooling for the cab already in the bag ;)

so what do you lot think? And how long will it take to appear, weeks,months, xmas, 2011??

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shouldn't think it will be far away in being in the R&D stages already to be honest. Next question. . . .. will the model be accurate enough for you!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hopefully this time if its a UH Lexion I expect it will get my royal seal of approval ;D  The clumsy siku 600 and featureless Norscott 580 both failed on that score ::)  Im thinking that a new UH release of a Lexion could come within days or weeks of the machines launch which is due this week apparently ;)  However Ive just seen another youtube video of a new Claas and this one calls itself a 750!!!! So god knows what numbering system is correct ;D  but its time for my 5yr old Britains CR980 (yes I know its as crap as Norscott 580 :-[ ) to be replaced so fingers crossed :)

Im thinking that a new UH release of a Lexion could come within days or weeks of the machines launch which is due this week apparently ;)   

<squeals with excitement like a teenage girl backstage at a Justin Bieber concert!!!!!!!!>

:) :) :) :)

I thought they had new rotors in the rotaries too though Jez as the previous ones' patent has come to an end?

Could be mate but i would be suprised.... Claas are the only company to spend less on R&D this year...

Claas are having problems... This was reported int he German Financial Times:

http://www.ftd.de/unternehmen/industrie/:agenda-maehen-und-dreschen-bei-claas/50148551.html

Basically saying:

"CLAAS is having a very bad Fiscal Year this year. The Turnover is even worse than last year which is the big surprise here. It seems that CLAAS is suffering a lot more than expected and compared to the other Ag Companies, CLAAS’s income 2010 is worse when all the other competitors are recovering slowly in 2010 versus 2009.

As a result, this year CLAAS will have 1 billion € less turnover than they had in 2008..

The article reports as well about the conflicts between Cathrina CLAAS (Helmut CLAAS’ daughter) and the other persons of the senior management team.. The article says CLAAS employees are fed up with Cathrina CLAAS management style… "

claas are doing a roadshow,ive had an invite to the starcross event near exeter on the 18th of this month,might be showing the new combines there,not sure though

I'm going to the Manns event this Friday (weather permitting!) and according to the Claas UK website the New Lexions will indeed be there!

Yip! Yay! etc!

/m.

Could be mate but i would be suprised.... Claas are the only company to spend less on R&D this year...

Claas are having problems... This was reported int he German Financial Times:

http://www.ftd.de/unternehmen/industrie/:agenda-maehen-und-dreschen-bei-claas/50148551.html

Basically saying:

"CLAAS is having a very bad Fiscal Year this year. The Turnover is even worse than last year which is the big surprise here. It seems that CLAAS is suffering a lot more than expected and compared to the other Ag Companies, CLAAS’s income 2010 is worse when all the other competitors are recovering slowly in 2010 versus 2009.

As a result, this year CLAAS will have 1 billion € less turnover than they had in 2008..

The article reports as well about the conflicts between Cathrina CLAAS (Helmut CLAAS’ daughter) and the other persons of the senior management team.. The article says CLAAS employees are fed up with Cathrina CLAAS management style… "

Blimey, not the best reading but I guess with their rapid growth over the last decade then a dip is more than due. Sure they will bounce back.

Cathrina Claas is quite welcome to come and manage me mind! :-*:-* :laugh: :laugh:

Things could be worse for Claas. It's not a €1bn loss, but a €1bn drop in turnover. If for example the turnover last year was €10bn things are still pretty rosy considering the economic climate of late!

Besides, how many combine customers are holding off replacing their Lexions until the new model comes out this Friday? I know I would be! :)

/m.

I'm going to the Manns event this Friday (weather permitting!) and according to the Claas UK website the New Lexions will indeed be there!

Yip! Yay! etc!

/m.

nice one malcy,thanks for the info,only problem is i may be working at the farm now,where i work full time painting and decorating,work is drying up,so i said to boss if its that quiet,i would go to the farm,weather permitting

Things could be worse for Claas. It's not a €1bn loss, but a €1bn drop in turnover. If for example the turnover last year was €10bn things are still pretty rosy considering the economic climate of late!

Besides, how many combine customers are holding off replacing their Lexions until the new model comes out this Friday? I know I would be!  :)

/m.

It was this part that is the worst bit:

They are Claas's core values.. that they are still a family company... nto good that she is upsetting the Claas boat.

Also on another note the fiat group are talking of breaking up and selling the CNH ag and construction brands.....

All interesting times it seems!!

Fiat have already announced the spin off of the CNH Ag & Construction, Iveco Trucks and Cursor Diesel into Fiat Industrial Group, still 100% owned but separates the heavy end of the business from the cars.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKLDE66K05020100721

Sharp eyed readers will have noticed the 'Fiat Group' grey square logo appearing on some CNH adverst in the professional press.

It does amaze me the amount if interest that a tucano cab and potential new engine (IT4) is generating....

Oh, not forgeting the small metal piece on the tracks....  ???

:of

Jez

A lot more to it than meets the eye Jez, there are quite a few differences in all  :-X :-X