here is some tractors that iv restorded.majors gerys masseys.............,

cyrilhanna

well tractorbob ma dad had a small dairy farm about 40 acres and about 40 cows, as he was near 65 so he sold the quota and got out when the time was good, i done a trade at bodywork at cars and then about 8 years ago i started out on my own... so i was do anything that had a pound in it...so thats how i ended up doing tractors,i love them far better than cars so thats why i have a few big toys....my neighbours r dairy farmers so when i get time i give them a hand.......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I get a copy sent to me each month, but I must confess that I've only scanned it to date. I'll have a good old read when I get 5 minutes to do so.

You've made a cracking job of your restoration on this tractor I must say.. it's a real credit to you. I recently wrote a buyers guide in Classic Massey for this model which I photographed a good mate of mine's minter... It's done less than 1,000 hours (just now !) from new and is totally original.

The model in your picture was based on this very tractor and was measured in my car park at work by Nigel and Phillipe from UH.. a few years ago now - I reckon it's the most accurate model that UH have produced to date - although... the seat was taken from the 10  parts tractor they also did rather than the MF float-o-matic fitted as standard on this tractor. I replied to a chap the other day who had written in to the magazine requesting dimensions for the support bar as he'd just bought a QD from Cheffins and this was missing so he could get his own fabricated.

My 240 is the 'evolution' of this model and has the next generation of lift off cab - I reckon the biggest letdown on the 135QD is the silly window to allow access to the battery.. although, having said that, to replace the battery on my 240 you need to slip the cab forward  :of .. I'm not sure what's worse really  :D :D

Have you got all the rubber in your cab ???

09072010071.jpg23042010114.jpg she has got all the sound deading pads in her but i think there should be some pads on top of the mud gaurds as the model has them on it, i have read that bit.....by the way its not my tractor it was for a customer ......she could be better but the man didt want two spend any more cash..........

• 1 year later...

never worked at a muir hill before but now that i have i know a muir hill 121 pretty well........knew it was going two be a big job this one but thats what i like is a good challenge..they our pretty much straight foward two work at...... after i looked at the tractor and told the man what i was going til do she was in the yard the next week til get done..... iv lost some of my photos from the start but i still have a lot............here she is10012010068-2.jpg

the cab did take a lot of man hours til get ready for some paint, the bottom of the doors had two be replaced also the rear window frame was not good.the deck of the cab had a few bits cut out and replaced...new handles and door rubbers and door runners were got for the sliding doors.........09022012436.jpg03042012007.jpg.12022012463.jpg12022012462.jpg10022012457.jpg