whatmodel farm should i build next  

16 members have voted

1. 1. whatmodel farm should i build next

• 200 acre sheep farm in the heart of wales
    • 500 acre pig and arable farm
    • 350 acre sheep and arable farm
    • small 200 acre beef holding

just to give you an incite as to what will be on each farm

200 acre sheep farm= a range of old buildings in the sloping landscape of wales with a range of old machinery set up like a typical small sheep holding

pig and arable farm= a range of modern technologies found in the pig business and the arable crops taken to produce the feed that pigs need

sheep and arable farm= a farm with old and modern buildings with a range of new and older farm equipment to meet the needs of the farm

small beef holding= modern farm buildings with some pure herefordshire beef cattle on there

i reckon a sheep and arable farm would be good but it's your choice what you build so build what you want to build

i woud like to see what all you guys would like to see

i know what i would fancy attempting as its different and i know of nobody else on here that has built one

im happy to attempt anything though ;)

well jordan just to be different , i'd like to see a 150 acre sheep dairy  :)

theres one in devon & they make their own delicious ice cream & is a very sustainable diversion from the cows they used to milk.

you thinking of language marcus, or salcombe dairy ?? much preffer te first one mind,its only 10 miles from me

I like the Hereford herd idea. You could grow barley for crimping to feed weaned calves. Have some grass for the suckler cows after weaning. Have a show bull. Maybe make baled silage for the sucklers during winter housing/calving. Which leaves a bit of room for contract baling to justify own kit as well as baling own straw on other farms. The buildings will be nice, a smaller machine fleet utilised by contract work for neighbours maybe, baling, hedgetrimming, muck spreading?

good idea tris, might take you up on that, depends what wins

i think the sheep arable will probably win, i can get a few old buildings in then, nice dutch barn, some old concrete buildings, some old stables converted to lambing sheds

and it will be built on hills aswell so no flat farms

i will give it a real welsh look about it