Pictures from pistols holidays

pistol pete

well have just been home to scotland for two weeks. due to us having no winter crops anymore there wasn't much to do. the wife was well happy this time but I wasn't so time on the tractor was short. i took a few pics of our kit and remembered to take the camera and get some pics of the kit my mate had at one of his 7 farms they have to be one of the biggest farms in the north of scotland with nearly 4000 acres of there own and more ground rented for tatties.

frankies 8530 and sima SL500

farmholidaypics001.jpg

farmholidaypics009.jpg

farmholidaypics007.jpg

farmholidaypics004.jpg

last one look no hands

farmholidaypics004.jpg

farmholidaypics003.jpg

the oldest of their 3 teleporters. all cats this one is about 6 years old

farmholidaypics012.jpg

the youngest not even a year old

farmholidaypics013.jpg

their one an only combine they bought this with the 35ft header as the 40ft wasn't avaliable last year but there was word of changing it for 1 with a 40ft header

farmholidaypics018.jpg

few pictures no from the real Firhills farm. Didnt manage to get any when we at the silage as I wasn't allowed the d90 and mine was dead so these are all taken when i had to take my youngest for a hurl when i was shifting the last load of dung.me and Nairne about to set of

farmholidaypics041.jpg

on our way back(picture taken by my wife

farmholidaypics059.jpg

finished

farmholidaypics064.jpg

Looks well, all the right colour of machinery!! Were abouts in Scotland is that?

All the pictures were taken in the Arbroath area. all of my mates tractors are deeres and so are both ours. Netherton the local John Deere dealer have sold 35 10 plate deeres this year and there are about another 15 60 plates ready to go out

some pictures of our new wrapper. it is another Mchale but the hi speed one it only needs 9 wraps to cover the bale istead of the 18 which means we can do 70 bales in an hour now. we do alot of contarcting with this so the speed helps.

farmholidaypics070.jpg

farmholidaypics072.jpg

on the 6820

farmholidaypics073.jpg

Aah so you're moving back Pete?

ye start of next year moving near tris

is that the new grain store behind the wrapper then pete?? looks a fair size

ye that is the new grain store sean have some pictures of it. it is a big difference at the farm when i was 14 and was carting of with the fraiser 6 ton and the deutz 4.30 we used to tip in one of the courts. then we took on another farm with an old aircraft hanger but it is about 60 years old now and falling to bits hence the shed.

That 8530 is working some good banks with the Simba. Making a nice job of it too I'd say. Nice to see a father and his child at work together, how come she had to wear your wellies though, Pete?!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Must be nice to get back in the seat now and again, eh?

That 8530 is working some good banks with the Simba. Making a nice job of it too I'd say. Nice to see a father and his child at work together, how come she had to wear your wellies though, Pete?!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Must be nice to get back in the seat now and again, eh?

ye it was good to get a bit of tractor work again. she went mad when we forgot her JD boiler suit. the banks are sandy as it is near the coast even though it is a big machine because of the ground and the tines were in a far bit the 85 was dying going up the hill. Frankie always makes a good job he is the head tractor man even though he is the youngest of everybody that works there.

how many tons does that hold then mate??? we always had silos for our storage as did many of the neighbours ,but now it all seems to be buildings

cant remember how many tons sean but it will hold the 280 acres of our cereals most of which is weat. will post some pics of it tonight mate.

Nice pictures Pete. At least the 34 made up for all the green  ;D ;D

well dont know about that but they are good machines, my mate has a small farm of 150 acres and in the summer they do contracting combining which he has 2 tx36. last year they wrere working with a new Newholland cant remember the size but his two were going faster and not putting so much over the back. so new isnt always best.