maize 2010

Manor Farm

Been on a fortnight between showers. I'm off next week but the rest of them should see the job out by then if the weather is kind. Crops have varied, very poor to pretty good. Today a shaft sheared off in the cracker dropping a pulley and thrashing the belt out. Luckily Vaughan had a spare cracker so we swapped them over. Poor old TM155 is needing a bit of nursing too as the damper plate is on its away out, requiring splitting the tractor. Not what we want to do during maize harvest!

Been harvesting for a week here in Germany.

A friend cut a field first week of September but it was green so no need for the kernel cracker.

Also my colleagues have been in North America doing some research. I will upload the pics asap ofthe harvesters and trucks.

saw a gang at work last week beside the A47 here in norfolk, was told who they were, but forgot now. Nice tho ,new class with 9 or 10 row header I think it was and a fleet of fendts on the trailors...good boy

Sounds like Oliver Arnolds gang to me Dave, I know he swapped his JD chopper for a Claas this season...........had to keep up with his neighbour after all ::)

yeah, its bell. He is the man who runs all the masseys. used to be all nh but only 3 left now.

Ah yes they were big NH at one time, even the forager I think.  ??? What does your uncle do for them then, his jobs?

I don't know much about them but have seen them around when I was on the lorries up round the Cotswolds and again a year or two back when I was spreading sewage cake for Wessex Water.

Ah yes they were big NH at one time, even the forager I think.  ??? What does your uncle do for them then, his jobs?

I don't know much about them but have seen them around when I was on the lorries up round the Cotswolds and again a year or two back when I was spreading sewage cake for Wessex Water.

he does quite a lot of baling in the summer(normally over 20,000 bales) but he will take any job that comes (as long has he doesnt have to drive a mf)

Nice. He has one of the last NH's I take it then?! I remember passing there maize gang one year and one chap who told me it was first day had tipped his trailer over on the roundabout at the end of the A417 flattening a light pole and spilling his trailer load of maize in the process. I stopped in the lorry to see if I could help but all his mates drove by laughing and pointing at him!!  :laugh:

Sounds like Oliver Arnolds gang to me Dave, I know he swapped his JD chopper for a Claas this season...........had to keep up with his neighbour after all ::)

And they both try to keep up with the Deere's ;)