Forest Farm Updated

Tommy Gough

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed the Heddington and Stockley Steam Rally this year. I do normally go, the tractor pulling is .great. Do you know who showed the combine behind the County? Never seen a larger combine like that there.

I missed the Heddington and Stockley Steam Rally this year. I do normally go, the tractor pulling is .great. Do you know who showed the combine behind the County? Never seen a larger combine like that there.

no. sorry. i didnt really pay it much attention with the tidy countys near by

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, as theres not much going on at the moment and i though this could do with an update i took some pictures of some of the machinery that we have about the place.

First we have the Major topper and the Vicon Fertiliser spreader

100_0227.jpg

The Opico Grass Harrow

100_0230.jpg

McConnel PA47 hedge cutter

100_0229.jpg

Taarup 307 trailed mower (no used much now)

100_0228.jpg

Bale elavator (also used little now)

100_0232.jpg

And finally we have our old Ford fiesta that is just used for fun

100_0231.jpg

Well its just typical that, as I said there was not much going on a the moment, my dad and uncle decide to clean out the covered yards today. Didnt see it going on but I saw the result:

100_0241.jpg

Also a shot of something else that many farmers see too much of:

100_0236.jpg

(And no they havnt been left there to rot. we ran out of room on the trailers)

100_0235.jpg

Nice photos Tommy. I have to say I have a little liking for that 6600, looks very original  8)

Cheers Tris. Yeah, I think most of its original but with all these slurry regulations coming in, our handling system may be changing. If so, It wont be used much and there is talk of giving it a bit of a make over.

Some others

Last Friesan bull we owned apparently

100_0273.jpg

A simmental at around a year old i believe

100_0278.jpg

and a mother and daughter pair that were brought together (aparently my great-granddad had followed the line and jumped at a chance to get some of the blood in his herd)

100_0279.jpg

Final post for tonight. I meant to do this when i started the topic but i have some overhead shots of the farm to show how its changed.

The earliest i have at the moment

100_0289.jpg

I think this is the next oldest

100_0274.jpg

Now for the third oldest

100_0286.jpg

Next

100_0281.jpg

This is the newest picture, taken in spring 2010

100_0282.jpg

Thats all for now. I am willing to answer (or try to answer) any questions you may have.

Archived