John Deere 2850

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, turned out just the way i wanted it too, first model ive built that im actually 100percent happy with

Yeah she sits a little down at the back but thats from the 34s on the rear being small and me fitting slightly large fronts of the 7810 and not cutting a bit out of the tombstone like on the real ones, but they do sit a little down in real life.

I'll get a few better pictures taken outside in the light and post them up when ive time too

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Just browsing and saw this, looks well!! Forget the comments about the 34's being too small, my brother in law is a dairy farmer in Stafford, I spent some time with him three years ago during which i drove his 2650, it had been set up for spraying with a wide wheelbase with its first owner so after servicing it I changed her back to standard. There were 34's on the rear and as a result the tractor sat down the way yours does so theres nothing wrong with the accuracy of your model- however going by the handbook you could order 36's which still matched those front tyres so the choice is yours!!

Neil

Yeah ive bought a real 2140 since making this model and changed the decals and grill to the same as my own. It sits down on the rear too as you say, but ive change the rear wheels for the 34's off an imber tractor which are slightly beefier and put the mccormicks one on my 2wd 2650 which i think look about right.

Thanks for the comments