Tractor theft.......again

The bad guys have been out again, this time in the South West of England.

Overnight between 8th and 9th November 2010 two tractors were stolen from the Taunton area of Somerset, they were;

Fendt 716 registration number WA05HXV, Vin 716/21/9806

and

Fendt 820 registration number WA09FKV, Vin 731/21/6035

Any information to DC Chris Ruff on 01789 455184 or Christopher.Ruff@wiltshire.pnn.police.uk

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recent tractor thefts to look out for please

KX53VDL New Holland stolen 8/11/10 in Northamptonshire

OU06FVP new Holland stolen 17/11/10 in the Thames Valley area

YJ53OEG New Holland stolen 18/11/10 in South Yorkshire

Unregistered new Holland stolen 22/11/10 in Kent

There have also been a few JCB's stolen recently

Q778JAH stolen 23/11/10 from Norfolk

FJ57LNT stolen 23/11/10 from Nottingham

AE59HMF stolen 23/11/10 from Cambridgeshire

AE08JCU stolen 23/11/10 from Cambridgeshire

Also...........a Merlo P38.12 Panoramic reg number SF09CVR was stolen on  6/12/10 from Cummock, Ayrshire. It was only one of 85 ever sold in the  UK.

Any information or updates to christopher.ruff@wiltshire.pnn.police.uk or to PANIU (Plant and Agricultural National Intelligence Unit) on 0207 230 7290  paniu@metpolice.uk

Do you know what JCB's they were Mike ??? fastracs perhaps ??? or teleporters perhaps ???

sorry Mark, the bulletin I got round just stated JCB's. This is part of the problem with those who are outside the construction and plant industries, everything gets lumped together under the one heading. I have seen all sorts of different makes described as JCB's or diggers, it's a bit like describing all vacuum cleaners as "Hoovers" which people do as we know :-\ :-\ :-[:-[

I understand Mike.... if it's not your 'bag' then I can see how one JCB looks like another one... worry trend for JCB's in East Anglia as well hey  :of

I suspect the theives will bring back the New Hollands when they get them home and realise what they have taken  :P:D :D

i cum from cumnock we own a merlo but i never heard of 1 being stolen??

A Merlo 38.12 is a construction machine ;)  3.8 ton lift, 12m reach, with stalilizer legs. We run 12 of them at work we call them Alfa Romeo's  :laugh: :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As Tractor thefts continue to rise year on year so the NFU Mutual have looked at ways of trying to combat their losses. As a result they have drawn up a list of discounts that they are prepared to offer for the fitment of the various different markers and tracking schemes to tractors, these are listed below.

CESAR Scheme 12.5%

TRACKER system 12.5%

Thatcham approved P2 Immobiliser 7.5%

Thatcham approved P5 Tracking system 15%

CESAR plus TRACKER 25%

CESAR plus approved P2 Immobiliser 20%

CESAR plus approved P5 Tracking system 27.5%

Hopefully these discounts will encourage owners to fit one or more of these systems to their vehicles and to make it more difficult for the thieves.

Vapormatic have developed an immobilisation unit that locks up the engine and gearbox, it's a double system and key activated similar to other systems on the market but each vehicle it's fitted to has its own pin number that you put in before you can start the engine. I'm not too sure of its specific workings but can be fitted to any vehicle and if the vehicle is stolen it has an automatically activated tracker system built in as well I believe. My Nephew was on the development team and did all the electronics for it and went around the Country doing the presentation to various tractor Companies, when doing this presentation to MF they tried to buy the patent but Vap would not hear of it.

Vapormatic have developed an immobilisation unit that locks up the engine and gearbox, it's a double system and key activated similar to other systems on the market but each vehicle it's fitted to has its own pin number that you put in before you can start the engine. I'm not too sure of its specific workings but can be fitted to any vehicle and if the vehicle is stolen it has an automatically activated tracker system built in as well I believe. My Nephew was on the development team and did all the electronics for it and went around the Country doing the presentation to various tractor Companies, when doing this presentation to MF they tried to buy the patent but Vap would not hear of it.

that sounds just like the system peugeout used to fit on their cars tim, small keypad, you pick the unlock number up to a 6 number combination, not sure it did both engine and gearbox, but worked very well non the less, stepdaughters last car and current one has it fitted

This time I have both good and bad news.  :-\ :-\

Staring with the BAD

On 14th January 2011 a JCB 3CX YN57NFR was stolen from Scunthorpe.

On 15th January 2011 two New Hollands were stolen from Holme, Spalding Moor.

These were:

NH TM150 reg number DG02WVE

and

NH TM135 reg number YX02FAU

Now to the GOOD news.

This week two Massey Ferguson tractors were recovered from the South Yorkshire area, these had been stolen on 5th and 7th January from the Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire area respectively.

It does appear that elderly or otherwise vulnerable farmers are being specifically targeted by the criminals to get them to store vehicles prior to them being cloned or exported.

• 3 weeks later...

Update again  :( :(

25/1/11

Manitou handler AE08HRU stolen from Leicestershire

26/1/11

New Holland R102FHS stolen from Avon and Somerset

31/1/11

New Holland R264OFO stolen from West Mercia

1/2/2011

Kubota DX09HKK stolen from West Mercia

John Deere HF09FNU stolen from Thames Valley area

New Holland VX05KZV stolen from Warwickshire

3/2/2011

Valtra FJ58MHU stolen from Leicestershire

On a more positive note there have been two recoveries of John Deere tractor that were stolen from Warwickshire and were recovered in the West Midlands area.

On a more positive note there have been two recoveries of John Deere tractor that were stolen from Warwickshire and were recovered in the West Midlands area.

Gearbox trouble during the getaway Mike ??? .. or did the culprits simply bring them back, having driven them and changing their minds  :of:-*:-\ :P

Gearbox trouble during the getaway Mike ??? .. or did the culprits simply bring them back, having driven them and changing their minds  :of:-*:-\ :P

neither marky, the person ordering them showed them a wiking 6930 model so they knew what to nick , but the  2 they took were 7530's and realised their mistake so abandoned them ::) ::)::) ::)::) 

• 4 weeks later...

Update as of 3rd March

Since the beginning of February there have been 9 John Deere Tractors stolen in the UK, of these 6 were in the Thames Valley Police area, (I blame Kev), 3 of these have since been recovered.

Machines to look out for are:

JCB W381SNV (I don't have model details)

John Deere 6930 HF09FNU

John Deere 7530 OU09DFL

John Deere 6930 OU08EVT

Manitou G805VOW (no model details)

John Deere 6430 OU07KTT

McCormick YN07KZG (no model details)

John Deere 6320 OU07CRK

John Deere 5820 OU09NJJ

Also stolen was the John Deere 9430 and Dowdeswell 8 furrow plough mentioned in another thread, the vehicle was driven from Henley, through Marlow to Bourne End with the plough still attached, a distance of 15 miles and was last sighted about 5pm on 23rd February.

As usual any information to Christopher.ruff@wiltshire.pnn.police.uk or to me if you prefer.

• 1 month later...

On 19th April a Landini tractor WK11AEE was stolen from Newton Moor Farm, Newton Moor, Troon, Camborne, Cornwall. The tractor was also CESAR marked.

Any information to Devon and Cornwall Police on 08452 777444 or to AVCIS on intell@avcis.pnn.police.uk

• 4 weeks later...

On 6th May a silver Valtra HX09FYJ was stolen from Gundleton, Hampshire.

The vehicle is distinctive in that part of the exhaust is bent and chicken wire has been used to cover the top two steps. It is also fitted with oversize Michelin tyres, 650/R38 on the rear and 540/R28 on the front.

That's the problem, scrap is good at the moment. Took a couple of old batteries also. They entered the yard by driving through a fresh planted hedge then across a winter been field. The weights were on a pallet attached to a base weight and a-frame. They unbolted them and left the base and frame.

• 1 month later...

Update time again

24/6/11 John Deere 5100 LK10HXC stolen from Hertfordshire

30/6/11 John Deere 5100 DK09GKD stolen from Cheshire

4/7/11 Case WA09JTU stolen from Devon, no model I'm afraid

4/7/11 Massey Ferguson WX07MWF stolen from Gloucestershire

7/7/11 New Holland VX57EHF stolen from West Mercia, again no model listed

8/7/11 John Deere 7820 FX06LZO stolen from Lincolnshire

There have been a few others from Hertfordshire, Gloucestershire and Staffordshire that have been recovered but unfortunately I don't have details of the recovery circumstances.