Annanadale Model Exhibition Gretna Sunday 20th March 2011

BC

At the Penrith show last weekend Kenny Beaton was asking if I would like to come and take some photos for Model Farmer at their model exhibition being held in The Richard Greenhow Centre, Gretna from 10am till 4pm on Sunday the 20th March 2011.

It is not far short of Penrith for me and I said I could well be interested provided that was the same weekend as G&M Farm Models and Old 20 Parts Company and Stephen Moate come up to Perth.

The post code for the Centre is DG16 5AQ

27112010.jpg

I know "andy the joiner" plans to go but any other FTF members be it visitor or exhibitor planning attending ???

Thanks Andy..I hope I can make it to see you and Alfie and the Mason trio ;) ;) ;)

I assume Andrew Anderson from Castle Douglas may well be there too.

Do you have a contact number for Kenny and Shirley Beaton...I'm kicking myself I did not ask when Kenny and his brother asked me if I would come along to take photo's of the event

Were you there last year ??? ??? ...I'm trying to work out how many exhibitors and or sellers were actually at this event last year

• 1 month later...

:(  very sadly despite this being the closest event to me,it`s only an hours drive, I won`t be there due to it being lambing time unless of course I can persuade someone to do all my work that day....

this is part of my problem with the weekend events and why a spring spalding show is also out for me, but such is life and hopefully will get to see pics.

Well I know the feeling John but work comes first since well its pays the bills and funds the collecting addiction ;) ;)

Spalding is a no go for me either in Spring or Autumn due to being the first weekend of a month and well time off around then is frowned upon. Never mind some day I'll maybe get there but to be perfectly honest I tend to prefer the smaller shows where you have more time to chat to the sellers and the exhibitors.

Gretna is 215 to 230 miles from me so its around a 4 hour journey. I was hoping it would clash with the G&M  Farm Models/Old 20 Co and Stephen Moat annual event at Perth but as yet I don't think they have found a suitable venue now the Isle of Skye has been taken over by Travelodge and doesn't have an exhibition hall.

I'll see what is happening in a few weeks time and I may book a cheap Travelodge at Kinross which is half way stay there Saturday night and drive to Gretna early Sunday for the 10am start. I would then just drive home on the Sunday evening but may well take the Monday as a holiday since I still have days in lieu to use up.

I got an email last night from the organiser Kenny Beaton saying he would send me a full list of exhibitors and traders attending in a few weeks time. I'll post the list uo when I get it from Kenny.

I spoke to Harold Powlton at the weekend and he said he was going and exhibiting his County models.

• 1 month later...

Well less than two weeks away until this show. At Scotmodel Falkirk I picked up a flyer for a model transport toy fair at Carlisle on the same day. This cannot be very far away from Gretna but I hope it is more for the bus, boat, train and plane collectors and will not have much effect on the public for the Gretna show.

ST833391.jpg

Well I did consider that as well but I thought well since I'm covering the Gretna one for a Model Farmer article I best just stay in Scotland and cover a more "local" show...plus it will be more farming related that the Carlisle one ;) ;) ;)

If you see me taking photos and scribbling notes at Gretna then give me a shout...always nice to put a face to a members name.

I got and email from the organiser Kenny Beaton yesterday.

Exhibitors are as follow.

1)Damian Hampson

2)Allison McCulloch

3)Peter MCCreadie Snr, Peter MCCreadie Jnr and his 6 year old son Ross

4)Kevin MCGimpsey

5)Raymond Tinkler

6)Harold Powlton

7)Paul Farish

8)Andy Anderson

9)Andrew Thompson and son Alfie

10)John Wilson

11)Norman Bennie

12)Steve, Liam & Shane Mason

13)John Hicks

14)Kevin Stewart & daughters

15)Chris, Lynn &  Paul Whitehead

16)Robert Beeton.

The traders are

1)Frances Shaw (Jewellery one for the ladies

2)A6 Toys

3)Colin Wilkinson

4)Brian and Ann Holmes

There will also be a tombola stall.  All proceeds from the tombola and door go towards Alzheimers Scotland.  I know quite a few of the exhibitors but it is good to see names on there which I have not seen already. It is always good to see new displays.

Last time the Carlisle show was on there were only 2-3 people with agricultural equipment, that included Ann and Brian Holmes.  Plenty of cars and trains. Takes about 20 min to get to Carlisle show from Gretna.  Best to use junction M6 J43 left along Eastern way then head back towards city centre as Carlisle can be busy even on a Sunday

David