David Brown Commemorative limited Edition tractors

fred

David Brown Commemorative limited Edition tractors

I have been reading that David Brown only produced one 1694 commemorative tractor which is somewhere in deepest darkest Leominster, Herefordshire. 

Well I’m sure the commemorative DB that my Uncle bought from new was a 1694 4 wheel drive. So to me that makes two.

I drove it when it was still shiny and smelling of “factory eau de parfum†about 1988(?)

no db made many comemerative edition tractors nearly all of which were 1988 models

there was c competion on to win a aston martin db 5 i think

there was a 1694 ce cosin at random by db and woever bought this tractor won the car have the original brosure for this was also a write up in clasic tractor about this and the people that bought the tractor and won the car.

but to answer your question there definatly was more than one 1694 ce  ;)

no db made many comemerative edition tractors nearly all of which were 1988 models

there was c competion on to win a aston martin db 5 i think

there was a 1694 ce cosin at random by db and woever bought this tractor won the car have the original brosure for this was also a write up in clasic tractor about this and the people that bought the tractor and won the car.

but to answer your question there definatly was more than one 1694 ce  ;)

Apparantly by what I have recently read there were many more 1594 commemorative

tractors than any other model in the range.My uncle bought his(1694)  as he had always had DB's and the fact that it was one of the last,also to win the Aston Martin car.

as far as i'm aware the winner of the aston had bought a 1594, they came from devon

i have read that only one 1694 was badged as a CE, the majority of CE's were 13's & 15's as they were better sellers than the 14's so only a handfull of 14's were CE

the red 1694's only sold in small numbers & less than 400 were built

as far as i'm aware the winner of the aston had bought a 1594, they came from devon

i have read that [glow=red,2,300]only one 1694 was badged[/glow] as a CE, the majority of CE's were 13's & 15's as they were better sellers than the 14's so only a handfull of 14's were CE

the red 1694's only sold in small numbers & less than 400 were built

was that the only 1694 done at meltham marcus ?

i had read that they "comm" badged allot at dealers aswellso maybee there are more 16s out there plus with the badges ready online to buy how many are true DB comm tractors now??

was that the only 1694 done at meltham marcus ?

i had read that they "comm" badged allot at dealers aswellso maybee there are more 16s out there plus with the badges ready online to buy how many are true DB comm tractors now??

as far as i'm aware nigel it was the only true CE badged 1694, although it's true some dealers did have CE decals to be fitted to sell them on or as replacements for damaged pannels , this i do know as had a friend that worked for a DB dealer, Gibbs of crewkerne,.

some dealers who had trade in second hand DB's  resprayed then in C-IH red to keep them moving on , i know of 2 red case 1494's, that are actually W reg DB1490's

matter of fact i used one to load round bales on a wrapper a few years back  farmer said he had the choice of two, both had the same reg bar 2 numbers he chose the one with the loader , don't know where the other went

as far as i'm aware nigel it was the only true CE badged 1694, although it's true some dealers did have CE decals to be fitted to sell them on or as replacements for damaged pannels , this i do know as had a friend that worked for a DB dealer, Gibbs of crewkerne,.

some dealers who had trade in second hand DB's  resprayed then in C-IH red to keep them moving on , i know of 2 red case 1494's, that are actually W reg DB1490's

matter of fact i used one to load round bales on a wrapper a few years back  farmer said he had the choice of two, both had the same reg bar 2 numbers he chose the one with the loader , don't know where the other went

you can get away with the latter white 94s respraying them andre-decal

but the early 90s area bit harderasthe cab interior changed a little like the right hand

leaver console still i would love one i think they are fantastic tractors

oh and wasnt the case 94 range all turbo'ed as standard upwheareas the the older 90 range it was an optional extra

1690's were available with a turbo but I think it was standard on them from 1983. Only 2hp more than the naturally aspirated version so I reckon they added the turbo to reduce fuel consumption. If Case didn't record the Commemorative Edition serial numbers then we'll never know how many were real factory specials.