Britains 2011 Catalogue

tractorman314

Cant belive they've still included the orange fold up cultivator , surely thats abit out dated now

we use a 3 section cultivator like that,not orange i admit,i will find out what make it is,ideal for convo's,paint the frame red,some massey decals and there you are,or any other company

im starting to get quite worried now that britains are going for large equipment for big farms, do they know its the uk and we do not have american sized model farms and we dont all have massive fields for all these artic tractors

i know we have 2 at JRO  but thats about it in shropshire

where are the small hp tractors such as john deere 5R series massey 5445 tractors??

if they are going to carry on making large tractors then where are the large impliments for them??

and we need more impliments

im starting to get quite worried now that britains are going for large equipment for big farms, do they know its the uk and we do not have american sized model farms and we dont all have massive fields for all these artic tractors

where are the small hp tractors such as john deere 5R series massey 5445 tractors??

if they are going to carry on making large tractors then where are the large impliments for them??

I could not agree with you more. The only cultivation implement they make is the fold up cultivator and that just wont work behind one of the big artics that are made for cultivating huge areas of land with massive machines.

Dont forget the Simba Solo

not being rude but you dont need an arctic tractor to pull one of those

at JRO we have a simba solo and double press and we can get that on a john deere 8330- 300hp

these arctics are needing big 12m wide cultivators to be of any use.

it would be nice if they did mabee 1 or 2 a year but when they go and release about 6-7 at once it gets tedious

i would like some tractors that will be of use on my farm, fit on my farm and be able to fit my trailerrs/impliments to look realistic

perhaps the new britains releases dont suit some ,but im sure there will be loads of other people who do like them and will want to purchase them,from looking at the catalogue they look very good,i was supposed to buy models only that were on the farm at work,but i think i will have to  have that 600 quadtrac

I think if you look at the catalogue, it is divided into two sections, 'toys' and 'heritage/collectables' , and as already has been pointed out, the decent models i.e the collectables/heritage are large acreage tractors (with the exception of the 956 and 1056 tractors) therefore I feel Britains are catering for the 'toy' market rather than us collecters/modellers  >:(

Still I suppose they're relativly cheap, thus making the 'toy' tractors ripe for conversions  :-\

The double with shed width feed barriers look alright though  ;)

I think if you look at the catalogue, it is divided into two sections, 'toys' and 'heritage/collectables' , and as already has been pointed out, the decent models i.e the collectables/heritage are large acreage tractors (with the exception of the 956 and 1056 tractors) therefore I feel Britains are catering for the 'toy' market rather than us collecters/modellers  >:(

Still I suppose they're relativly cheap, thus making the 'toy' tractors ripe for conversions  :-\

The double with shed width feed barriers look alright though  ;)

even there toy ones are miles better than they used to be,look at the mf 7480,got a good reception on here

I agree with you Jordan,but  do  they really care?

Whilst I fully agree with those yearning for Britains to release some smaller tractors and implements to match, I think a 5R series John Deere would go down a treat too Jordan, as a fan of articulated tractors i'm delighted to lay sight on Britains 2011 efforts. The modern New Holland and Case machines look excellent, certainly an improvement on the older versions and offer a great contrast to the classic "Snoopy" International too. They won't be everyone's cup of tea but I can't wait to add them to my collection. I am a little perplexed as to the exclusion of the Ford FW tractors over the Steiger version from the catalogue. Whilst not that common there are a few FW-60 Automatics still kicking around this country.                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Good catalogue of models there, quite a range. I do agree with previous comment's though although 12m wide cultivators certainly arn't needed .... A Simba 600 would do the trick or a 7.2m Discordon  8)

If they could bring out one decent horsepower munching tillage tool and then maybe a new round baler it would compliment both horsepower ranges quite well.

In any case, the photos of the models look good and I also look forward to seeing how the 310 materialises with it's three attachments.  :)

David if you notice all the Fords have been dropped from the Britains line up, I wonder if they have lost the licence to make them to U.H.? :-\

It certainly makes you wonder Mark given their exclusion. I for one would be deeply disappointed if that was to be the case. Whilst the 5000, 7000 and 7600 weren't the best toys or models I had hoped it would maybe lead to further classic Ford releases from them.

I thought it was a license for each release/model - not a license for a manufacturer to make anything they wish  ???

Maybe the sales of the models (worldwide) showed that it was time to drop these models. It may not mean anything other than that .. .

Thats a great line up, glad to see britians making a come back with such exceptional models such as the case ih, kane and the jcb loaders. Some great implements, but as said some smaller implements wouldnt go amiss, such as a 4-5furrow plough as it is the uk and certain parts do still have small/hilly/heavey ground were small implement on medium/large tractors are the only option.

On the smaller tractor front skiu do the jd 5820 which wouldnt be hard to rebadge. Maybe britains will make a 3650 or 6910 to compliment the case ih's?? i do hope so.

Glad to see they are making an effort, they may be rc2 and not britains, but theyre still my favourite model/toy manufacturer, and there catalouge which maybe far from perfect is still has alot more models in it that i would like than uh/skiu or any of the others

Good catalogue of models there, quite a range. I do agree with previous comment's though although 12m wide cultivators certainly arn't needed .... A Simba 600 would do the trick or a 7.2m Discordon  8)

If they could bring out one decent horsepower munching tillage tool and then maybe a new round baler it would compliment both horsepower ranges quite well.

In any case, the photos of the models look good and I also look forward to seeing how the 310 materialises with it's three attachments.  :)

i agree with you tris but what i meant was that it would take a 12m wide cultivator in the real world to test/challenege these machines to give you a reason to need or buy them,

i have no need or reason to buy them as all they will do is gather dust on my shelf, i might get a case ih 450 and convert it into a 325 like we have at work but that will be it unfortunatly for me

David if you notice all the Fords have been dropped from the Britains line up, I wonder if they have lost the licence to make them to U.H.? :-\

Perhaps this is why we haven't got our FTF Britains County on here after all this time...

I note too the re-birth of the old quad trailer.  Hmmm, delving into the archives to revive some classics are we?!