Hillview's photos

Hillview

Two of the contractors I helped in my self employed days done this, it speeded up the harvesting process as trailers could be loaded and got away quicker by putting four rows into the trailer at once instead of two. Downside was it did increase the risk of bruising with having to go through the lifting process twice for half of them and if the harvester went wrong they would be laying on the surface until it was up and running again. The latter wasn't such a problem for one of the contractors as they used an old Grimme Variant as the windrower so if the GT did go wrong then it could swap to loading trailers.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the larger ones do, alot of it will depend on the handling capacity back at the store. There's no point in windrowing crop in the field and speeding that end of the operation up if the grading set up back at the store can't cope meaning the harvester is sitting idle for long periods during the day

i think one of the bigger guys this way has been windrowing, going by kit i have seen, but not sure how often its done, most i see are direct up and into the trailer/boxes and gone ,there was  aguy a few weeks back was unloading into a artic bulker running on a dolly axel in  the field , one of those non tipping moving floor type trailers, which is something i dont see to often 

• 1 month later...

Archived