Hillview's photos

Hillview

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The road run went through the local countryside in County Down then through the town centre of Newtownards. It was a great sight to see the town full of tractors. The run finished by climbing Cairn Hill, which is one of the highest points in County Down and then down the other side adjacent to a quarry.

Then it was back to McKee's restaurant where there was a bbq.

DSCF1583.jpg

DSCF1588.jpg

I've never really seen a road run before, it must have been a fantastic sight! Some interesting old workhorses there, and so many Muir Hills one would image they were ten to a penny at one point in NI!

We have a road run come through our village on Sunday mornings in the summer. Not a huge number mostly 3 - 5 tractors and trailers (with the family aboard) but sometimes more. The convoy is always led by a lovely old grey Fergie TE with a Massey 35 and an old Nuffield which are the regulars. They always get a wave from me when I am walking the dogs!

Greenmount College, Northern Ireland celebrated 100 years in 2012. They had a special anniversary show this weekend. There was plenty to do and see including a Friends of Ferguson display, Classic and modern machinery display as well as a few selling and displaying models.

DSCF1769.jpg

DSCF1768.jpg

DSCF1779.jpg

alfa laval tankers where very popular over hear , ya we only keep good stuff over here like the red ones haha great pic as usual peter, my pick would have been the 130 and mf 11 spinner it was amazing high standard

There was a few model displays and quite a few sellers.

Dominic Marshall with his range of conversions.

DSCF1717.jpg

Daryl Monteith with his range of tractors, tankers etc.

DSCF1718.jpg

Graham Reilly with a fantastic new off road track display.

DSCF1716.jpg

DSCF1715.jpg

Archived